ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Brake Pads

fiesta 1.25
I fitted new standard rears and i have brembo max disks on the front just want something a little better than the green stuff but want minimum brake dust.Any recommendations?Ive heard red are good and have little brake dust.

The car will be used for fast road only.

RB Clio 182
Red stuff are good and have minimal break dust, they do take a while to warm up tho! they are a bit weak until that but when they do warm up they work a treat

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
I had pagid blues. They were really good. Did squeek a bit at low speeds but once they were heated up they were fine.

fiesta 1.25
Me too that's why I want to get rid of green stuff but all other options seem to be for track and produce lots of dust would prefer little dust but obviosly stoping power is more important.

No one like ebc red?

172 Cup
i am looking to buy a set the pagid blues and yozza do seem to be the cheapest place at 150

Artic 182
1144's are a sound fast road setup. only last me 120miles on track though:(

DS3000's ftw!

EBC are dodgy. The ONLY set i could honestly recommend is the hard compound yellows but they are not a road pad.

I say DS2500's or 1144's, very similar pads

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The Mintex M1144's are really good and are a fair bit cheaper than the Pagid Blues

why doesnt anyone reccomend carbon lorraines? im buying all round brakes, braided lines and fluid this week and i was going to go for carbon lorraines and brembo hc discs???

And if anyone is worried about brake dust on their wheels get yourself some wheel sealant from a car detailing shop give your wheels a good clean, dry them down and give them a thick layer of sealant and buff off, then when you come to clean them use a neutral wheel cleaner solution sray on and the dust will just was off without any need for scrubbing.

Clio 172 RS2
Why because the Ferodo DS-2500 are ace... on a day-to-day basis.

Carbone Loraine for Trackdays only imho.

But you WHERE going for them or what?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I know a lot of people 'complain' about the squeal from CL pads. But then there stopping power is immense!

Good news. Carbone Lorraine have just released their new road compound "RC5+" which gives off minimal dust and the noise levels are greatly reduced. As well as this it even has a better friction co-efficient than the old RC5 pads which it superseeds. Stock is in production at the moment so I'll get it on our site for people to buy as soon as i can...

Last edited: