ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Brand Tools Do you Prefer/use?

I have a few snapon tools, and i must admit they are very good quality but they are just to bloody expensive for the average home mechanic, the majority of my tool kit is made up of Beta Tools i find the quality of these on par with snapon but quite a bit cheaper. I also have a few tengtools and laser tools, they are very cheap and the quality is poor and find that you are better off spending a few extra quid and buying quality tools.

So what tools do you guys use and recomend?

Caddy Maxi
we have loads of teng tools and have never had a problem!, they also come with a lifetime warrenty so they cant be that poor! halfrauds professional aint that bad apart from their torx bits which twist/break frequently!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
yup, well i perfer to use the best I can get when we aim to turn out the level of work we do.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
You puffed your chest out as you typed that didnt you ? ;)

Andy GDI said:
yup, well i perfer to use the best I can get when we aim to turn out the level of work we do.

Rich1.2 said:
we have loads of teng tools and have never had a problem!, they also come with a lifetime warrenty so they cant be that poor! halfrauds professional aint that bad apart from their torx bits which twist/break frequently!
Halfords Professional also come with a lifetime guarantee.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
HALFORDS stuff used to be made by Sykes Pickervant... they were really really good, especially for the cash... I still have some

Ross, I actually checked my snap on bill and fell off my seat!

Andy

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Now you know what its like for me every time you send me one of 'those' emails. :clown:

Andy GDI said:

Andy

Andy GDI said:
HALFORDS stuff used to be made by Sykes Pickervant... they were really really good, especially for the cash... I still have some

Andy

at least you dont have to pay vat on your tools :p and i imagine you get a nice trade discount from snap-on.

Valver..
Where i work they buy all my tools 4 me as im Electrical Engineer ive got a full range of Snap on Tools... ranging from spanners from 4mm up to 62mm socket sets metric and imperial, podger bars nice tool box and the odd deep socket!! i think they r lovely never had a problem with em...managed to bend one of em thou through using a scafholing bar on one of em ..(not recomended).. but they changed it there and then..i think it all came up to about 8 grands worth might have been more!!plus i have a full range of electrical equipment! sorry to rub it in..its weird thou coz im only 19!!! :D:D:D:D:D

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Halfords Pro range has never let me down on the occasions that I have used them lol. Lifetime warranty so if it breaks you can swap for new, infact even if the chrome tarnishes most places will honour the warranty (even without reciept)!

RenaultSport clio 182
depends how long u wana keep them, wen i started working 4 bmw i bought cheap tools and they were fine but its now 4and half yrs down the line and they are starting to **** up. Teng r good or Mag tools are good but Facom which is a french snap on equivalent are real good and not at all pricey. Just try them and u wont need anything, apart from bluepoint air guns and air rachets

Draper have never let me down, and my tools get a fair bit of abuse, broken a few of the normal draper tools though, oh and an Einhall grinder, still ahd a 3 year guarenttee, so got another free

93 rsi
use britool as i fiddle the company account, and have loads of beta stuff as i had them on the cheap but have started buying teng spanners but there a bit sharp on the edge on the ratchet spanners.

Volvo S60 T5
I use whatever, mostly Signet/draper/snap on/Mac tools
As to screwdrivers usually buy cheap one as the do exactly the same job as the Snap-on ones do but at a fraction of the price.

Snap-on stuff is so expensive and I just can't justify spending £100+ on a set of sockets.

Maybe I'm tight. lol

VaVa
I have a lovely little Facom socket set - real quality stuff.

I use Britool combination spanners.

Sandvik Bahco screwdrivers/adjustables/grips etc.

Knippon side cutters and pliers.

Also have some halfords pro stuff which is excellent imho. Draper expert also do some decent tools for little money.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Sandvik Bahco screwdrivers/adjustables/grips etc.

awesome side cutters etc.. better than all others so far

Valver..
i work 4 the water board on sewage treatment works...sooo i use them on mains and inlets not often thou but always handy to have as for electrics im an industrial sparky sooo i work in PLC's, UPS's and panels...i enjoy it!! :approve: :approve: :approve:

Paul J said:
Clio head, what electrics do you work on that need upto 62mm sockets? :eek: