ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Car Do I Have?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Seeing as people are confused with the RS 172/182 Model Varients here is a quick run down.

I have not included the Trophy in this. Its not all there but should help a little.

Want any changes? PM me or comment below :cool:

What%20Car.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice work!

I'm not sure "Congratulations" is appropriate for the result "182 Cup" though.

But i'm being picky.

172 Cup
Good effort.

Although I would say that if people don't know what car they own (something I always find a little odd) then chances are they've got no clue if they've got Xenon's or not.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What about the rb and inferno being the only colours for the cup?

1.8 Civic EX
lol, bored at all Has?

good effort though, supprised no-one has done this beofre tbh.

might want to mention lack of headlight washers too for the cups incase people don't know the difference betweeen the headlights etc

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
lol, bored at all Has?

good effort though, supprised no-one has done this beofre tbh.

might want to mention lack of headlight washers too for the cups incase people don't know the difference betweeen the headlights etc

Yes had some spare time lol.... wait till you see my other thread ill post up later, i was VERY bored!

Good thinking on the headlamp washers. Will add to the amend list :)

1.8 Civic EX
oooh, i'll keep a look out for it....

If you're really bored you could take this one a step further and include the differences between Mk2 Ph1/Ph2 etc

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Addition....

You should have -> s**t loads of swirls marks.
You should have -> A car that looks f**king filthy within 5 minutes of having just washed it.

Congratulations! - You have a black gold 182!

D.

Ph1 172
Can someone clarify what car I have? I purchased it as a 172 but it doesn't seem to fit in with the specs above.

Its a Black 2001 (Y) with no climate control or 5 spoke alloys.
It does however has the Xenon headlights, half leather and half suede/alcantara interior with the buckets seats embossed with the RS logos, and has the alloy RS door sill trims.

The wheels are the multispoke type (about 8 spokes) much like the Hockenhiems that were popular years ago.... Tyres are 195/50/15.

Its has the rounded mk2 front bumper rather than the newer, straighter front bumper but unsure as to whether it is ph1 or ph2.

Any ideas?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Sounds like a 172 Ph1 to me, just aftermarket Xenons?

Are the strips on the Seats in colour or just grey?

172 Cup
Can someone clarify what car I have? I purchased it as a 172 but it doesn't seem to fit in with the specs above.

Its a Black 2001 (Y) with no climate control or 5 spoke alloys.
It does however has the Xenon headlights, half leather and half suede/alcantara interior with the buckets seats embossed with the RS logos, and has the alloy RS door sill trims.

The wheels are the multispoke type (about 8 spokes) much like the Hockenhiems that were popular years ago.... Tyres are 195/50/15.

Its has the rounded mk2 front bumper rather than the newer, straighter front bumper but unsure as to whether it is ph1 or ph2.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a PH1 172 (definitely if the RS stitching is in colour on the seats) with the wheels swapped by a previous owner.

As good as the guide above is it assumes that the car hasn't been modified in any way by previous owners.

Ph1 172
The seat logo's are full colour and the seats are colour coded with the rest of the interior which is grey and blue (really quite ugly) if thats what you mean?

There is the usual reno diamond on the bonnet.

I thought all 172's had climate control as standard - going by the parkers facts, although I've now realised that the parkers info on these clio's is inaccurate... I was quite gutted when i learned it did'nt have Climate control.

Thanks for the replies.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You definatly haev a Ph1 172 then, with Air Conditioning not Climate Control, as standard they don't have Xenons, only 'Projector' Lights

Mini Cooper S sport
so whats the full fat 182?

a 182 with both cup packs?
why does not make it a 182 cup..

Because that was a different model. 182 Cup has cloth seats, no xenons and manual aircon. AKA cheapskate model.

Where's the

CONGRATULATIONS - you spend your life polishing the exhaust, you sad f**k.

?

In any case, sticky this.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
I've narrowed my car down to a 182 with Cup Pack as it has xenon lights, leather seats, climate control, RS door sills, splitter, larger rear spoiler. But unsure about the suspension, what can I measure/look at on my suspension to tell I have a suspension cup pack?

My car came with after market alloys so can't tell that way.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Do a quick search regarding cup pack suspension.

You need to measure the bolt spacing on the hub, off the top of my head i think its a 60mm gap.

Have a search or someone will reply here hopefully!

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Do a quick search regarding cup pack suspension.

You need to measure the bolt spacing on the hub, off the top of my head i think its a 60mm gap.

Have a search or someone will reply here hopefully!

Yeah you are right, found this quoted in another thread "front hub bolt spacing on the cup suspension is 60mm, i think its 54 or 56mm for the normal"

I'll measure the spacing when I get home.

Black Gold Trophy
maybe this should pop up when someone tries to sell a vehicle on auto trader etc, the amount of clio 182s (without cup packs) ive seen adverstised as clio 182 'cups' etc begs belief!

Black 197
also the Cup springs have two coloured stripes down the length of the spring...

Non cupped dont have both stripes.. Simples