ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car will replace your clio

Not sure, got no plans for the coming 12-18 months. But I would like something really really fast just once in my life before I get too old.

Maybe an Evo 8, no scratch that, how about a Skyline!!:devilish:

mk 2 V6

or a BMW M3 not a new one but two or three years old, love them.

Prob not change the 172 for a year or so yet though.

BMW 328 Ci

Im 20, and should be getting a 90s shape 328i Sport in December, im still looking at other cars, but nothing provides the same sort of power or luxury for the same price, £1400 insurance for a 2.8L

Clio Cup

Im going to blow all my money plus loan on a CSL however not looking good at the moment. The first one i looked at needed a new clutch, one of the carbon flippers was almost hanging of and paint was chipping of the carbon fibre front bumper plus there was only one year left on warranty. It was also running on 255 width contisport tyres on the rears when the cups tyres are something like a 285 because their oversize. A dealer in colchester has a good one however he wont take high thirties for it which i think is what their worth given a v8 m3 is not far off and a v8 m3 csl a few years after that.

If not a csl then a vxt taken to stage 3 with miltek/nitrons/vxr speedlines and a clio trophy or chavic type r.

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Fancy something along the lines of a Lotus Exige :D and failing that im sure ill have a look at the new RS Clio when it comes out.

C

Cupster

Raplaced my cup with a V6 4motion Golf. Maybe a mk5 golf GTI or a BMW next?!!??

VW Potato

bit torn on this one. Id like to try the 2006 RS Clio, but every single car Ive had has been a hot hatch (bar two) so a change would be good! I like the look of the new MX5 (although I dont like convertibles that much), I like the new Cayman (too expensive mind), but then Im also tempted to just get a banger of an Alfa V6 for £1,500. So, in short, no idea!

g

MGP W02

Quote: Originally posted by RALLYPUG on 27 June 2005

Red Evo6 Makkinen
had one for a while... was the cheapest car i have ever run!

.... but i do work for Ralliart so servicing and tyres were free ;)

MKIII 138

182 full fat + recaros racing blue/inferno pref to replace my 172MKII

But failing that an Audi S3 225 tuned to 300hp + huge induction + dumpvalve with fat wheels and lowered.

both would be just as good as each other. but id prefer the 182 over the s3 in all honesty.

Thinking of selling my Clio 182 in about 12 months time for one of the following:

Mazda RX8 (231)

Another Subaru WRX PPP/Sti

Vauxhall Astra VXR

New Golf R32

New Lean Cupra R (apparently 240bhp)

Focus ST

Bring back the 306 GTI 6 - a new one please! Had one once, engine blew and I was gutted. Best car apart from clio but stuck to road loads better.

Since thats not gonna happen

R32

Astra GSI turbo

P1

RB5

Evo (any minter)

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 27 June 2005

Im 20, and should be getting a 90s shape 328i Sport in December, im still looking at other cars, but nothing provides the same sort of power or luxury for the same price, £1400 insurance for a 2.8L
dont get a 328i mate, they are dogs, I was looking at them for a couple of years and didnt find one that impressed me or didnt have a checkered past. They are also slow I found, this was after driving about 10 of them. If you decide to go for one anyway beware of the engine blocks going, only get one thats had the engine replaced as a sh*t load suffered from failure due to mikasil engine coating, something to do with high sulpher content in our petrol causing hyper increased wear iirc... deffo do some digging either way and find out all there is to know about them... my knowledge on them is sketchy tbh now as it was a couple of years ago when I last looked into a BMW...

Reality check for me!

My Cup will be going when I buy a house (2 or 3 years), me and the mrs will be selling our cars and then depending on how well we are both doing we will both have something different.

She will probably get a Daihatsu Copen (got to say I love these, couldnt drive one myself though) or MG TF and I will be getting the practical family car, probably a Megane of some description, if money is ok it will be a second hand 225 Cup, if not it will be a Dynamique 1.6 or something!

[Edited by ukaskew on 27 June 2005 at 6:23pm]

i agree with comments on 328s... not quick really and NIKASIL can be a problem. ive gone right off bmw since their engine troubles:cry:

and for me i have no idea as just got a DC5, and still have a DC2 so driving both and loving it.....lol (ps..anyone fancy a mint DC2...?)

DAN

Mitsubishi Colt

The spanking Mitsubishi Colt CZ3 that I picked up on 31/03/2005.... thats what replaced my Clio!

Damn fine car as well....

Dcis replacment will be diesel maybe a VRS skoda or Seat Ibiza Tdi.

Williams replacment is even more difficult maybe an ITR its difficult to find a similar price and faster car.

Might end up with one car in the end and tow a track car.