ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car

Hi all. Need some help here but have a feeling what the answer might be. Ive just got my five years no claims bonus after driving sh*tty crap 1.2l cars since i was 17, now im 22 and am upgrading!! However im stuck for choice, ive always loved the clio sport but have read so many reviews which say it falls apart or makes loads of rattling noises in the cabin! My other choices would be the focus st170, or puma..... think the civic type r is out of my price range. Any feedback, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yea 182 all the way rattles and noises are part of life u wont get a better car for pound 4 pound value anyone agree

cock mobile.

You dont buy a clio sport for build quality, you buy it because you want all the fun of driving a hot hatch for as little price as possible!!

Id recommended a 172 / 182 any day of the week!

My dad just bought a brand new ST170 - got for about 12 grand!!

There giving them away at the moment!!

Ive had a quick drive and im very impressed.

Handling is fantastic, driving position, throttle response and torque is awesome!

Bear in mind im used to a 1.4 8v! Still thought it was a cracking drive!

I been having this dilemma for weeks now but have more or less decided on the 182 over the CTR for sheer bang for your bucks and the fun factor. If you get a rattle on the 182 just take it in to be fixed. ST170 and Puma dont come close IMHO. A 2 year old CTR would be in your budget .

Youre obviously looking at around £13K as a budget, what about a secondhand Jap car?? Supra, Early EVO or a Fiat Coupe 20VT? Ben H has got an immaculate one for sale, very quick cars. The more you have to spend the harder it is to choose.

Wow, thanks for the VERY quick replies.
I will be buying second hand i reckon. I could stretch to £10k, but as mentioned the focus is cheap now with the new one coming out.
Biggest worry about buying any of these quick cars is that they might have been thrashed a bit. Are there any dealers that do decent warranties on 2nd hand 172/182s?
thanks again.

Quote: Originally posted by Jordie on 18 January 2005

Are there any dealers that do decent warranties on 2nd hand 172/182s?

With £10k to spend on a 172/182 you could easily get one from a dealer that has manufacturers warranty remaining. Last week I bought a 52reg 172 with 12 months warranty from a Reanault Dealer for £8600.

jordie these cars arnt bulit to be driven at 30 mph everywhere and from what i no u dont really see many 182/172 hacking it everywhere unlike the days off the rs turbo owners who would boot it all the time

kirminator has a point but get a 172 cup second hand u will have so much fun trust me i did till i stacked best car ive drove for a while go on do it buy it !!!!!

cock mobile.

Focus [shudder]

I think the Racing Pumas look smart and are suppose to be a damn good drive, but well its all said and done, its a bit girly, even more so than a clio!! lol

A 172 will seem ballistic especially compared to 1.2s, some people dont like them because they are too understated, but to me thats a plus. Youll be smiling for weeks once youve floored it a few times.....I still love my 16v and Ive had it 2 years now.

The more i read about the benefits of a good boot from the right foot, the more tempted i am!!
I live in the North West, where is the best place to look, ie internet sites or dealers?

thanks again.