ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour brake calipers for my flame red?

Roadster Coupe
Hi everyone, I got a flame red 172 and want to paint my brake calipers, what do you reckon the best colour would be to paint them? I reckon red or yellow would suit my flame red. Anyone with any flame red pics with there calipers painted?

Mike

hey buddy ................welcome 2 cs , red defo looks better choice , most ppl will recommend silver or black .:eek:

i got blue 1s

u should ask some1 to photoshop ur car 4 u ...........:cool:

Mazda MX5 1.8
hiya welcome.....

if u have a close up pic of ur wheels post it up and someone can photoshop it.

tricky one to call...... maybe red or black....

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to Cliosport :)

Red would be my first choice on your colour of car , then silver then black . Not yellow sorry .

cock mobile.
I love yellow, but don't think it would work with flame red, try get a red as close to the car as possible.

ant

yep.
Image311.gif

Tesla MP3 2021
i would do black on a flame red 172..
doing the calipers in a similar colour to the car never looks right imo

Roadster Coupe
Thanx guys, yeh maybe yellow would stand out to much. I think i'll go for the red then instead. although silver does sound quite nice as well. just have to paint each side a different colour and see which looks best! LOL!

Roadster Coupe
I quite like the silver. Anyone got pics of calpiers in silver or red with standard 172 wheels on?

C

Cupster

Heres a good pic to practice colours on, wanna do mine Green this time:

Piccy511.gif

Roadster Coupe
Just did mine in silver, reckon they look good silver. they look new more than anything. also thought i'd fit a cold air feed pipe while i was waiting for the paint 2 dry. lol

182 Spiced

how much does it cost to get new calipers and are they easy to paont and maintain

A number of clios
ive had mine yellow, blue and there silver at the min and they look well so if i was you id go red or silver mate

welcome to the club btw

Roadster Coupe
I dont know, could always get 2nd hand calipers off a write. have a look on ebay. theres usually a 172 or 182 thats being broken. The calpiers are easy to paint, but it is a all day job. you gotta take each wheel off and prep each caliper and then do bout 3 coats of paint. I only did 2 and it looks fine. I suggest taking both front wheels off, paint the calipers. then put the wheels back on and do the back. keep doing this til ur finished.