ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what colour should i spray my car

Clio Gtt

i was thinking flame red172 colour. what do you guys think will i have to tell the insurance.

oh red means danger, at the end of the day its you who will have to drive it so if you like it do it. and yes you have to tell them, even if you add a single strip down the side you need to tell them (i wouldnt bother i didnt).youll have to inform the dvla that your changing the colour.

GR7

Shiny red R32

What colour is it at the moment Juss? I dont know about your insurance compnay, but some charge more for red cars!

Spray it shiny black and onlookers will think it is a 172!

Clio Gtt

my is a mk1 {l reg} its a flt red atthe minute look in the gallery under other clios. the only reason im getting it sprayed is because im doin all the body work myself and a friend who works for a body shop is doin it for £300.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Oh no it isnt!!! Cant you read Telford_Mike? It is red at the moment, and he wants a change!!

Clio Gtt

im goin to look at some paint colours tommorow there is a ferrari red thatis simalar to flame red maybe.
i would love to have it pearl black but i cant be arsed with the insurance.

As long as you dont paint it purple it will be ok cos thats the colour i would love johnny clio to be...and im not sharing purple with you!!!

Chuckie

If your keeping it the same colour you dont need to tell anyone. Not even the insurance!
Dont tell them what they dont need to know.

Clio Gtt

gr, no not yet but went to a paint shop called house of colours and they sell this stuff called holographic metal flake. basically its metalic but the bits of aluminium are larger and you choose what colour you want, so i was thinking a simalar red to what my car is at the mo but metalic with blue and silver metal flake.
its cheap to at £20 a litre.

juss that sounds well nice!!! and also very cheap, do they paint it too or just sell the paint?? i could have clio blue with purple flecks........ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

chuckie

Clio Gtt

i will be paying abouth £350-£400 all together but im doing all the prep work.
ive be beadged the front and bad boyed the bonnet and smothed the back inluding lock. now just need 16v arches front and rears.

Trophy

Juss,

You cant actually get pattern copies of the 16V rear arches.
But if you want a set i know where there is some.

Mat.

silver valver/hybrid

ben my bros mate works for tvr and that paint is about £200 a litre! he cut a deal with one of the sprayers though and got his phone covers sprayed in that colour.

I had the rover purple on my old car. Very nice colour!
Was a clio in it at the French car show.

Is the TVR colour the sky blue one? Very simular to mine if it is.
TVR do some really mad colours tho, most of them are standox i belive. They jusy chang so much depending on the angle your looking at. Mad.