ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what could this be

when i try and put the car into reverse i can hear a crunchting noise, the car does go into reverse but its just the sound which bothers me.

i have a clio mk1 1.4 rt 96 N reg

any ideas what this sound could be ?????????????????????????????

:confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 01 April 2004

press the clutch down again before putting into reverse
sh*t you got in first

FFS SPAM FILTER!!!

^^what Jon said. or try putting it into 1st, then into reverse. and make sure you leave it a few secs before you slam it in, to let the revs drop.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

My Saxo does this all the time, I have to lift the clutch and try again, somtimes even that doesnt help, then I have to lift off and give a touch a gas and try again.

My RT used to do it though not as much. Thought it was something to do with the teeth on the gears not being lined uo every now and then, but its too frequent on the Saxo. Not sure why it does it to be honest.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye, sometimes it just aint right and you gotta drop the clutch again..

all or most RTs seem to do this not every time but most of the time this happens to me just cos i change gear quickly really doesnt like it lol!

just double clutch and then change gear slower should be ok

Vix :)

Mr2 Roadster

Or change to 3rd first to slow the box!

On Saabs you have to change to 3rd first.