ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what did you run down pod

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'm with Monkey and 2live 14.0 is pretty pish for the mods on foxon's car although I have to say conditions count for A LOT....if it was a touch slippy with an novice rwyb driver it can account for a decent chunk of time......say 0.3 easy.

Having said that the true potential of a car is usually reflected in the terminal speed and 100mph is only going to get you 13.8/maybe a 13.7 at the very best in a fwd / no lsd on road tyres imo ....for the power I'd expect closer to 103mph terminal in a non stripped o feck state.

Good times for Bish and Jay though nice one lads..

williams and trophy
lol.must just be us slow arse mk1 boys. or is it maybe that we arent as blinkered?? a case of 'iv spent £xxx so its well quick' syndrome?

but id be keeping quiet about my times if those are the kinda times id paid £000s for lol.

172 Cup
on sat the track was slippy as hell and the right hand lane was only open to cars with slicks in the afternoon, at night it was open to road tyres. i never ran on sunday but wish i did because my mate said it was alot more sticky.
still im relatively happy with 14.8 as it was my first time at pod and only managed 5 runs

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
What were yout 60ft times, 1/8 mile etc Foxon stick a timing slip up?

To be fair running a cammed, itb car takes some getting used to ...I only got a 13.79@105mph the first time I ran mine.....that was in early january though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
on sat the track was slippy as hell and the right hand lane was only open to cars with slicks in the afternoon, at night it was open to road tyres. i never ran on sunday but wish i did because my mate said it was alot more sticky.
still im relatively happy with 14.8 as it was my first time at pod and only managed 5 runs

From 4pm to 9pm the right hand lane was for slicks and cut slicks only, I had to run on the left, the grip was awful on there.

I really wanted to get into the high 14's but couldnt manage it. Was most likely my driving more than anything though.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
standard cars running high 14-low 15`s!! so imo 14 ain`t to bad considering the time of year,temp of track n only doing 200miles in the car since getting it bak! new clutch,slicks n a couple of months driving n i`ll piss 13`s.

u lot r so easy to take the piss outta people, the jesus says the mk1`s get better times, end of.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
yeah this forum everyoen seems to argue or just take the piss thats reason i dont post on here much! lol

end of the day mate 14.0 is fast its faster than most!! and u can beat that easy as u gta get used to driving it wh0o cares wat other people say. there just jelouse they have no ITBs :p end of lol

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
arrr, i see LOL, IF i get nos fitted THEN i migt try race u!

any1 no if the sports will take nos without internal engine work or will my engine be toast?

Ph1
Would have gussed that TB's would a been under 14's too but im guessing your not a pro just like most of us so with decent tyres, set up and a lot of practice thats a damn good starting point fella.

cup 182 mit stripes
If you stick nos on that, you'll have to buy a parachute. All the sparkys I know ARE minted. lol

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
I wouldnt worry about the Nos mate from what I have heard & seen so far of your mods, the car is plenty quick enough !

Practise makes perfect Foxon. ;)

Anyways I'm sure you didnt do all the mods just for quarter mile runs more for drivability etc.

Right ......................... ?

HBT 172 Cup
I arrived late on Sunday, i let my mate drive my hybrid as he had already signed on, best was 14.6 @ 93mph, not bad but not great (considering its cammed e.t.c). Rear bench and spare wheel removed.

williams and trophy
sorry 2 live thought u said u had throttle bodys didnt read properly

i do have them mate, for 1 of my williams'.

i fitted them a while ago, but they were never mapped and i couldnt afford to get it done properly at the time, so took them back off to travel to Spa, 10mpg and amount of fuel used didnt appeal to me tbh. lol

the 14.0 car with cams n remap is a diff car. the one that had the bodies on is completely stipped, sound deadening etc, but i put the stereo/door cards etc back in, again for the trip to Spa, havent been down the strip in this car yet , or any car for that matter for a while, but i reckon this car will run 13s

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
ah right so u did spend the money just not on the 14 sec car ?on ur williams ? 10mpg id say she was a little on the juicy side

williams and trophy
the jesus says the mk1`s get better times, end of.

and thats it then?? cos jon says so. lmfao.

172s have been running very close times to the mk1s for years. again tim 'o's cup, 14.0 albeit modded, chris n nics cup 14.4 iirc, paddys old flame red 14.7 standard, rhys' ph1 172 14.6 filter mods, the list goes on.

these are all times from 3+ years ago.

maybe the reason why mk1s run the better times is as the mk1 owners have been saying for years....the mk1 is quicker. ;)

now jon says so it must be true?? and because it suits the argument. your agreeing.

as said above tho, its how it drives on the road that counts. and from what iv seen, the motorway is really the only place for the bodied beasties, too much unusable power for the back roads....as jon found out the other week in bolton lol. ok so yeah the williams was getting scary to drive, but its a track car, not set for road really, too harsh and fukt tyres/incorrectly adjusted rear bias valve made it very entertaining, was still there with the 197s tho. just lol.

williams and trophy
ah right so u did spend the money just not on the 14 sec car ?on ur williams ? 10mpg id say she was a little on the juicy side

the car with the bodies on stands me at less than a grand...thats including the bodies/cams etc and the car.

so a williams 1, in average condition..id say its a bargain tbh. so no i wouldnt say iv spent money on it if you know what i mean.

and yes, both my cars are williams', the 14.0 sec one iv had for a while now, and that stands me at less than £8k, again inclusive of all mods maintenance and the purchase of the car.....6 years ago.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
yeah i would say that is a bargain mine ows me a grand all inc anyway good luck with ur times when u gettin it bk up the strip

williams and trophy
dont know tbh mate. like i said earlier, not been down a strip for time. over a year now i think.

now more are gettin nearer the times i set a couple years ago i think il have to up my game n see if martins times are doable. this car shud do it i reckon 13.8 iirc martin has on stock inlet, albeit with a lot less weight than im carrying lol...glass weighs a fair bit more than plastic ;)

Nippy white cup
This is exactly why I'm not to bothered about my 1/4's nowadays. Mine was one of the quicker ones and I know that it is a bit quicker now but what with everyone on TB's etc it is just a waste of cash for me to bother. I know on the track it is amazing fun and yes there are plenty of cars quicker but at least i'll be smileing while doing it lol

If I was going to spend 5k on my cup I would just get a 1.8t fitted. Gear box etc will cope fine and for that money you would be looking at probably 300bhp which as long as you can actually control your right foot would be great

Chris

172 sport/Clio 16v T
I managed a 16.2 with my standard valver! Didn't expect it to be quick but i wanted to see a before turbo 1/4 mile time then when ive done i know how quick ive made it!! Hopefully

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Foxon if you can get a 14 dead, you can get a high 13.

Do you spin your tyres up first ?? Get some hot rubber on the track surface and warms your tyres. As much revs at the start as you can without spinning the wheels will get the perfect launch, obviously on the edge it'll be hit and miss so take 250rpm off that figure and you'll have a safe launch engine speed.

I want a Cup. I'm going to do a quote with my iminant penalty points and if it's under 2k I'll trade my DCI in for one.

Done.. I think I might cry.

£3300. FC, or £1300 TP...... That's with the same insurer I'm with now though. Still.

Last edited:
  R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
i ran a 13.8, pretty gutted

struggled all day to get into the 13's just wasn't going right, got home and had a fiddle, throttle cable wasn't opening the throttle fully so was doing runs at about 90% throttle :mad:

the jesus says the mk1`s get better times, end of.

and thats it then?? cos jon says so. lmfao.

172s have been running very close times to the mk1s for years. again tim 'o's cup, 14.0 albeit modded, chris n nics cup 14.4 iirc, paddys old flame red 14.7 standard, rhys' ph1 172 14.6 filter mods, the list goes on.

these are all times from 3+ years ago.

maybe the reason why mk1s run the better times is as the mk1 owners have been saying for years....the mk1 is quicker. ;)

now jon says so it must be true?? and because it suits the argument. your agreeing.

as said above tho, its how it drives on the road that counts. and from what iv seen, the motorway is really the only place for the bodied beasties, too much unusable power for the back roads....as jon found out the other week in bolton lol. ok so yeah the williams was getting scary to drive, but its a track car, not set for road really, too harsh and fukt tyres/incorrectly adjusted rear bias valve made it very entertaining, was still there with the 197s tho. just lol.

The odd Mk2 gets near 'some' of the Mk1 times. Look at how many of each run what and narrow it down some. There's no way Mk2's are running 13.8's with breathing mods as you cant get enough weight out of them. You think ITB's are a big waste of money, but it's horses for courses, as in the real world if you ran into one chances are you'd be on a motorway, dual carriageway or A/B road and already moving... in which case it wont really be much of a comparison... as you have found out in a stripped cam'd and headworked Williams and the same again with bodies... and I had a passenger when we took them out both on bodies... okay, a half passenger in terms of weight, but that's a 225-230bhp car that weighs 1060kg's plus me and your lad against an 800kg 200+bhp ITB'd Williams. Not bad really imo ;)

if Stu is changing at 7k (should be 7.5k) and still having traction issues going into 3rd then I'd say that contributes towards a fair bit of lost time. You talk about your car costing peanuts, even with bodies, but then they cost Ged more than my car, so comparing something you got cheap to someone else doing it the expensive way is hardly fair. I got mine with bodies for a good price and have spent a bit getting it better, it's cost me less than the Williams already, and I would need to spend about another £10k+ to even start getting near what I paid out on that. Bang for buck it's been good value and on the road (which to me is where it matters) there's not much to come even near it.

on the right setup the power is usable, mine's just totally unusable on any damp/wet roads or crappy surfaces, but that doesn't really matter, most of the roads I go on are pretty smooth compared to those Bolton B roads