ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do u guys think ? :)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I'm sure some of you can rember me posting a thread a couple of weeks ago about what kinda car I should maybe consider trying to get. Well I have just been on autotrader and came across a 96 Honda Civic 1.5 with a VTEC engine, I really like it :), however its clocked with 109, 921. Pretty sure I could get the price down more. Its at £1,299 at the moment :S
But just wondering what everybodys opinion is on it... good or bad, I would like to know ?

Here is the thread http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=3000&mileage=0&agerange=0&postcode=EH4+5LB&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Its the 5th one down (the grey 1).

Thanks, Ben.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its chaved up to the MAX!
i say if you want VTEC get a CRX 1.6 DOHC Vtec
pick ur up for about 2k, plus faster than alot of cars

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Hardly "chaved" up, if it had a f*k off bodykit or something fair enuff, and the seat covers are shocking and floor mats, but easily changed.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
BREMBO said:
Hardly "chaved" up, if it had a f*k off bodykit or something fair enuff, and the seat covers are shocking and floor mats, but easily changed.

take a look at your title.. you asked what we thought.. that is my opinion.
if its got those seat covers, etc it tells me it was owner by a young lad whos probably thrashed it, its got a lot of miles for it to be thrashed

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Fair enuff, but the seat covers can easily be taken off, the car above it, is "chaved" up

cock mobile.
The car isn't chavved up at all, in fact it looks quite tidy for the milage.

It's not a VTEC engine, and all I know about pre-vtec honda's is don't get one, apparently very poor performance, etc; but that's just 3rd hand info, never owned one or even been in one.

If you can, try and stretch to a VTEC engine.

Good luck.

Edit: just realised it is a VTEC engine, my bad.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Lol thanks sh33n, I also agree it isn't chaved up. I really like it :)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That page doesn't seem to open, but I tried looking into it, believe its about 115bhp, this sound about right ?

Turbos.
Well...Max Power style seat covers and matts. Plus Type R badges and 'Powered by Honda' (duh) on the window. Pretty chav to me!

BMW M135i
Looks OK to me hardly chavved up, its probably the 1.5 e-VTEC engine and there about 100bhp as far as I know. Being a honda the miles shouldn't be a problem as there generally pretty bulletproof engines. A friends got one same year not sure about the miliage but hes had it a few years and its seen plenty of (ab)use its never gone wrong once.