ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why? + what you guys think

BMW M135I
why is it so many dealers and people selling their clio sports under 70k mileage are adament that the cambelt doesnt have to be done until that mileage, out of 3 ive looked at thats what they believed until i told them its 5 years aswell

anyway minus that, what you guys think to this?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=53

just had a look at it and seems in good nick for age, odd scuff which is expected and can be touched up

None
i know what you mean, mine has done half that mileage but it's on 5 years so i'm having to start thinking about the belts.....

Anyway back on track.......the car on ebay looks tasty, good price too for the mileage....

LY 172
It does depend on what your servicing. My dads brakes last years. Yet mine a few months as he's on motorways all the time. Also his airfilter clogs up faster than mine lol

But yeah car looks goooood

BMW M135I
i know what you mean, mine has done half that mileage but it's on 5 years so i'm having to start thinking about the belts.....

Anyway back on track.......the car on ebay looks tasty, good price too for the mileage....

yea thats why i went and looked, was at 4695 but said special offer so got to go have a gander, hes had interest in it a lot he said and someone was coming to look tomorrow so i thought £50 refundable deposit was worth holding the car till i go again and check it over with a good test drive and deal with a price, need to haggle it for belts i think with way he was talking though

None
make sure you get a hpi check too, always best just to be on safe side........did you check service book ?, might have had belts done.

BMW M135I
make sure you get a hpi check too, always best just to be on safe side........did you check service book ?, might have had belts done.

well im doing all this friday when i check again with a mechanic, its had full renault history so i imagine it should have been done if done by renault, also hpi is clear, just been doing that and has mileage checks 2007 1st jan 42k mileage and 2008 had 47k, 1 owner

BMW E46 330i Touring
Allow £500 for the belts which are (over)due. Bearing that in mind I'd be offering nearer £3600/3700.

BMW M135I
Allow £500 for the belts which are (over)due. Bearing that in mind I'd be offering nearer £3600/3700.

yeah i know, going to haggle on friday when ive given it a good test drive, probs needs a good foot down by looking at mileage checks, 9k in 2 years :rasp:

looks like a standard 1.2 get a 197 :p lol

cant afford that at this minute, got 2 claims coming in which have been over 2 year nearly now and expecting a bit, but prefer 1*2 and then going to rstuning hopefully with the money off that for their s/c kit and then get on with brakes etc

MCS R56
I had my Clio for over 5 years and didn't have the belts done. I had them closely inspected and they were in good condition due to low mileage. Fine for me. Maybe not on buying a car in that scenario.

None
well im doing all this friday when i check again with a mechanic, its had full renault history so i imagine it should have been done if done by renault, also hpi is clear, just been doing that and has mileage checks 2007 1st jan 42k mileage and 2008 had 47k, 1 owner

Good for you, sounds like you're doing everything right, hope all goes well and you end up getting it :)

immaculate clio 172
why get a 197 marky-f1 if he was going to spend 10-12k on a car only a fool would buy a clio lol my mate has a f1 197 we laugh at him and now he regrets buying it as its still just a renault clio lol stick with a tidy 172/182 for cheap reliable fun and for 12k think nice golf gti/r32 or focus RS, not clio lol
And as for that 172 dannyjenks looks spot on mate really good price too imo, i bought mine a few weeks ago 2002 40k 1 owner full history etc etc £3700 so that one your looking at is a bargain, make sure you give it a good going over though mate, good luck

172 cup
why get a 197 marky-f1 if he was going to spend 10-12k on a car only a fool would buy a clio lol my mate has a f1 197 we laugh at him and now he regrets buying it as its still just a renault clio lol stick with a tidy 172/182 for cheap reliable fun and for 12k think nice golf gti/r32 or focus RS, not clio lol
And as for that 172 dannyjenks looks spot on mate really good price too imo, i bought mine a few weeks ago 2002 40k 1 owner full history etc etc £3700 so that one your looking at is a bargain, make sure you give it a good going over though mate, good luck

You laugh at your friend because he has a better car than you?

BMW M135I
thanks guys, anything else to look out for at all,

on that note, i read on here somehwere about a code number in the front grille or near it on the bumper, anyone know about it to do with been sprayed or something

clio sport f1 r27

lol only said it to see what banter followed next :p end of the day if i had to drive a 1.0 micra i would so no i dont laugh at my friends

immaculate clio 172
no peak 19 we laugh at him because he paid 13k for a renault clio = insane lol
i was saying why would the guy buy a 197 when he could get a far better car for that sort of cash i had a 2006 mk5 golf gti edition 30 until a couple months but unfortunately had to sell up due to setting up home etc paid 13k for that and was amazing car in comparison to a 197 for same price value and fun for the money then a 172/182 is unbelievable but when its prices of 10k+ then a 197 is a no no

53 Clio's & counting
no peak 19 we laugh at him because he paid 13k for a renault clio = insane lol
i was saying why would the guy buy a 197 when he could get a far better car for that sort of cash i had a 2006 mk5 golf gti edition 30 until a couple months but unfortunately had to sell up due to setting up home etc paid 13k for that and was amazing car in comparison to a 197 for same price value and fun for the money then a 172/182 is unbelievable but when its prices of 10k+ then a 197 is a no no

you paid 13k for an Edition 30? must have been a rough one mate iv worked for VW for 8 years and we are still selling them for £20k min!

clio sport f1 r27
so what ur saying is you buy used cars and pep who buy new 1s is insane if it wasnt for us u wouldnt have a car in other words??

immaculate clio 172
so russ your saying that the cheapest 3or4 year old ed30 is 20k lol think your in the wrong job mate but then again you are talking about stealer prices lol and yes marky people who buy new car's are insane especially when its a clio lol, the 172 is a great cheap bit of fun whilst setting up home but thats as much as id say about them tbh been in 197's etc and do nothing for me as still french regardless of price tag, im not having a dig bud just giving honest oppinion that there is so much more car to be had for that kind of budget but each to there own i suppose, (peace) haha