ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you get???

182 Clio
what do you get mpg on normal roads??? i get 24-25 172ff was 15 on track day in jan,so being fed up with petrol costs i started 2 drive like a granny im now geting 31.5 mpg normal roads driveing 30-40 mph

Cro

Meg'd r27
I return something similar, if not a tad higher for both normal driving and granny driving... minimally higher though

182 Clio
I am kicking 32 mpg in my 182, not driving like a girl / granny (sorry ladies) but also not booting the car either.
The official figures are 32.9 mpg so can't grumble

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
35mpg Round town driving like granny in 5th at 30mph 38mpg on a long run at about 70mph (172 CUP)

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
38mpg over a tank to and from work on country roads..... beats my mums mercedes diesel :D

Hyundai i40
mostly my car is used to go to work and back. nower days potter to work between 50 and 60 in 5th bar the lil back road stretch then its foot to floor somehow get 40 mpg out of the car

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well i just seen what a devastating effect a heavy right foot can have and the result is 228 miles to a full tank, christ i never thought that was possible

clio trophy No56
Trip computer at the moment says 33.9mpg but in the real world i think its about 29mpg.
Since the price per barrel of oil is set to get even higher now i think i will have to start pushing my car about, maybe cut the floor out and do it flintstones style.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Trip currently says 38.3 as I've just done a 300mile round trip mostly motorway, but also includes chasing a TVR around country roads.

I usually get 33-34mpg average

Clio v6
Get out and push it.

Honestly, you'll be spotted by almost everyone on every car forum.

Fame at last. :approve:

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Got this on the way back from Blackpool last week. This was doing 70mph in a 182 Cup

45mpgtg2.jpg

Last edited:
what do you get mpg on normal roads??? i get 24-25 172ff was 15 on track day in jan,so being fed up with petrol costs i started 2 drive like a granny im now geting 31.5 mpg normal roads driveing 30-40 mph

mine is higher in a modded cup and i play everyday when i can :S

172 Cup
in my 182 i am averaging about 31 - 34 mpg, cant complain think thats really good! just got 315miles out of a tank and i am no sunday driver!!!

was bored on the motorway a couple of weeks ago so experimented with speeds/mpg. not sure how accurate the the in-car-computer is (i'm assuming it's fairly optimistic - ?) but in my 172 Cup the difference between 80mph (38ish mpg) and 70mph (45ish mpg) was worth noting i thought

BMW F21 125d
Average 35-36mpg on the computer, but actually works out at 32-33mpg if you work it out at the pump.

172 ph2
My average is 35mpg and that includes some silly 4th gear motorway type action as well as some sensible driving. I reckon I could easily hit 40mpg if I drove everywhere normally.

It seems very variable for people and i'm sure people can't drive so much differently to get such variations.

Oh and there are bloody loads of threads on this ! it comes up every other week.

B

Ben^

drove from Leeds to Glasgow last week (251 miles) on a magic de restricted private road somewhere between 90 and 100mph for most of the way and used a full tank!! on more o less on red (44 miles left on comp) (31.2mpg i think was the average) Drove back dead on 70 all they way and used just over half a tank (42.8mpg) right foot makes all the differance!! I normally average 34 - 36mpg with varied driving.

I've seen 30mpg in my v6 and 4mpg. :mad:

4mpg? Wow! I've never had it go below 20 yet lol, I can't be trying hard enough!
Mine usually sits around 20.5 (that's with a fair bit of right foot action) I did however get over 35 from it:eek: after filling it to the brim & re setting the thing on my way to a mk meet last year. I couldn't believe it.