ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you like best about ya clio...

Focus ST
As above?

For me it has to be 2nd gear.

Its like a smack in the face that never fails to give me a smile...:D

BMW M135i
Might not be a RS but it as close as i'm gonna get at the moment, yep 2nd with my foot in the carpet never fails to raise a smile.

R35 GTR
1st,2nd,3rd,4th. Endless power never drops with smt6.

Plus the popping noise from the exhaust when letting off the throttle at high revs.

The seats are very supportive, compared to most cars.

Love the fact I am short and can lie down in the back .:D

Putting my foot down in 3rd while doing 60mph and feeling the kick.

And the fact that taking it steady you can still get around 40mpg :)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
3rd for me... and the head turning noise when you cog it down a gear or two!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the fact that some stuck up nobs (in a Lexus 4WD, and a A4) could not get me out of their rearview mirror at 8am this morning on the M4 and associated slip roads.........

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I love the handling, some prick in a 200sx (who couldn't handle his car I will add) tried to lose me round an island (roundabout for those outside of W.mids!) and his back end started stepping out on him, when my little poor fwd car was gripping to the road like glue and doing me proud.

Also, one of my old sayings, is when the car leaves other supposedly better cars for dust and hands them back their arse on a plate!!!

Fiesta ST
I like the fact that even though I have a mk1 it still handles great and you get so much for the price you pay compared to other cars of similar spec and age. Also I've had no mechanical failures at all, fingers crossed!

Tangoed Works
Has to be the xenons, razor sharp steering response and the raw speed of the beast. I drove my mates Astra sport hatch. Even though its a 1.4 and not meant to be remotley fast, its so funny to floor the loud pedal and expect to be somewhere in the distance but end up making snail like progress in comparison.

Its made me appreciate what its about all over again.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The way it turns heads and earns more respect than any other similarly priced car in its class.

2nd and 3rd gears at anything over 5k revs always gets a smile!

The seats may not be the most comfy, but they look awesome too! Oh, and the white dials and aluminium gearknob...

Clio16v,205Mi16
dropping in to 3rd and not braking coming in to large empty roundabouts when everyone else is mincing in, the turn in, love it

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Embarrasing audi TT drivers who think ill show this little clio i have a supercar! They should spend more time learning how to drive instead of cutting peoples hair! :)

2014 Focus Titanium
watching the look on peoples' face as they think "its only a saxo" and then pissing all over their "better" cars

what i hate: people looking at me and thinking "chav in a saxo" :(

p.s. i know this was about clios but i thought i would join in :D

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
---dono why but the change from 2-3rd sounds so gud!
---The colour, flame red looks lush
---The sleeperish feel the 172 can look bullyish with its wide stance but also a sleeper, conservative feel with its hidden exhaust.
---The fact that rudebois dont know what to expect till you smoke em.

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
The fact i own 1 of only 278 valvers made in the uk on an N plate!!
The sound of it!!
The chuckability!
The sleeperness!
And everything else!

Ive only had it 3 months so am still in hunny moon period!! LOVE IT!! :D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
owning cars costing a fair bit more than my £900 L reg shed, got to love the look on their face, was even better when i had my mk1 fiat uno turbo, no one liked being owned by a fiat uno:eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What do I love...?

The fact that I regularly go past people who can't drive their £60K+ supercars at all (have some lessons mate, far cheaper ;) )...and that when I want it to (which isn't very often), I can average over 45mpg for a whole tank.

Dave3141 said:
Love the fact I am short and can lie down in the back .:D

lmao, and he ain't kidding - I've seen him lying down in the back... :sleepy:

Loves:
1/ the subtleness of having a quick car that doens't scream it out loud
2/ power while keeping respectable economy
3/ people's lack of expectations from "just a clio"

Hates:
bloody Renault dealers...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I actually love the styling of my 182....looks very mean and squat at certain angles. Love the 3rd gear too,perfect for overtaking here.

Hate: The heat really effects performance,although to be fair,that isn't the car's fault