ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you make of these cold air packages?

Megane 225 F1
Just a cold air feed. TBH all air filters have them, but these are just better lol. Oh and you position them to where you think more cold air is

W

Willy

I have a open cone pipercross filter, so it does not have a cold air feed, hence wanting to buy one :)

Megane 225 F1
I meant standard air filters lol. Yh get one. Wont see anything performance wise but might hear something more.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
cold air feed wont make any more induction noise for a cone filter, just means your car might run a little bit better. It is probably quicker with the standard airbox system on a 1.2tbh

but you were after some induction noise if i remember from one of your old posts right?

Worth getting one to try and reduce the amount of hot air your engine will be sucking in from the engine bay.

W

Willy

Hiya. Cheers for the replies. Main reason for trying to shove more cold air into the induction kit was to give it a bit more roar :)

Stagecoach Ticket
best thing to do really would be to buy a green cotton panel filter off k tec for £20, put the standard air box back on but on the right hand groved side drill it and fit a big bore cold feed on the air box. That way you will get some noise and it should up your performance.

Clio 106 Dci S
Dont drill your airbox, unless you dont care about your car. Not that you would I'm guessing. If you wanted to test the theory get an airbox from a scrap yard. Go with the cold air feed if you like your cone filter.

106 GTI
Dont drill your airbox, unless you dont care about your car. Not that you would I'm guessing. If you wanted to test the theory get an airbox from a scrap yard. Go with the cold air feed if you like your cone filter.

??

You drill the airbox below the filter, this means that any air sucked in through the holes is still filtered

2002 Cup172
run an aluminum Induction pipe (Roar Pipe) loads on ebay.

not familiar with your bay layout but basically in case u don't know what they are.

Silonce bend of throttle body (not sure how they set up) next Roar Pipe into the bend, silcone joiner, Cone filter, Then add a cold air feed to beneath your filter blowing direct towards it as posible.

the pipe will give shed loads of noise but filing that get carbon enclosed filter but for a 1.2 thats slight overkill i think for gains

Clio 106 Dci S
??

You drill the airbox below the filter, this means that any air sucked in through the holes is still filtered

Thats irrelevant. I was talking about the very fact you are drilling holes in your airbox, wake up.

PH1 172 Sport
Thats irrelevant. I was talking about the very fact you are drilling holes in your airbox, wake up.

It's a good way to improve induction noise on the cheap especially on a lower powered car. You may lose a small amount of power though