ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you miss?

Black 200 Cup
Is there a gadget/feature that you miss on your current car that you had on a previous car? For me, it's the external temperature gauge, which the 200 Cup doesn't have. I think it's because it has non-electric mirrors. Is there anything you miss?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I miss the suspension off my trophy and the turbo/xenons from my old R26.

Mk5 golf gti
My ex's sister, oh wait

I miss my personal plate that I had sold with my first Clio due to me being lazy

Pussy power steering
Temp gauge for engine and external
Electric mirrors (position)
Not being able to see current consumption (L/100km)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Decent seating position & full leather, cruise control, better interior as in dashboard fit and finish, decent speakers.

But believe it or not the thing I miss most is a centre console armrest, alot of my previous cars had armrests,
I wouldn't buy a car that didn't have one, it makes long motorway journeys far more comfortable.

However I can do without all those things as my cars engine and handling more than make up for it.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, I was in your situation last month, I now have a working car with a replacement box, but no f*cking money anymore!! :dapprove:

I'd like to add 'reliable gearbox' to my list of things I miss.

White clique
I miss the speed limiter that the 172/182 had, that was actually really useful, my car just has a speed limited warning sound which is no way near as helpful, my car also has no front fogs and only part electric seats, so if i was fussy i would say i miss those too. I also did like the cornering lights on the 197 although i can easily live without those, they seem to have died a death a little bit on newer cars!

Disastra Coupe
The Sparco buckets out the Saxo when playing in twisties... Although the Clio's seat's are far better the rest of the time lol.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
4 NEW boxes, in 2 months!

F*CKING HELL!!!!

By new do you mean second hand, recon, or actually brand new?

If they're brand new i'm shocked!!
What kind of power you running to keep shredding boxes, 400bhp or something? ;)

Also how you paying for all that work & parts, robbing post offices? lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Are the Clio auto lights/wipers good then? I hate mine, with a passion, they're just terrible.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Are the Clio auto lights/wipers good then? I hate mine, with a passion, they're just terrible.

Mine were faultless, but lots of people seem to complain.

The lights are pretty much perfect day to day. Only thing they struggle with is fog.

The wipers were fine for me, but they are what people complain about.

Passat
Auto wipers are ok but I miss an 'intermittent' setting. I hate how the auto lights make it impossible to flash your full beams. What's all that about?

Anything else for the list?...

Wipers that give the driver a better view than the passenger
Seats that go back to the position they were in before you let someone in the back
Side lights you can change without removing the effing bumper!!!
A clutch that's depression doesn't constitute a 'workout'
A sunroof
One touch passenger window
Heated windscreen

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
F*CKING HELL!!!!

By new do you mean second hand, recon, or actually brand new?

If they're brand new i'm shocked!!
What kind of power you running to keep shredding boxes, 400bhp or something? ;)

Also how you paying for all that work & parts, robbing post offices? lol

New boxes, power wise about 171bhp and 159lbft, I wish it was 400bhp I wouldn't mind as much!

Thankfully parts warranty is taking care of costs! I paid for one, Renault paid for the rest.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus!!! That's bad, I felt gutted when mine went bang at 70mph,
Sideways Danny thinks the broken one wasn't original either, as it was a JC5 130 in a 52 plate 172.

It now has another 130 in it that's working well, although i'm a little paranoid now.
I think i'd have lost the will to carry on with Clios if i'd have gone through 4 in 2 months,
thank f*ck you had a parts warranty.