ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you think of the stance

182 and cherokee 4.0
i'm not happy with it. it won't go any lower on the rear and the front it rubbing to bits...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Look great. Just let it rub for a week or two. then take off the wheels and get a gringer on the parts that rub. Sorted :)

182 and cherokee 4.0
cheers for all the comments. new bonnet is getting put on in a couple of weeks... my mate reversed his jeep over it. getting it all matched in then i will get round to cleaning it properly. don't see the point until then!

GTD, Lupo
Not one to be nasty but there isnt much in the way of stance going on there. Its just low with spacers. Stance is a totally different kettle of fish altogether. Any one can buy a set of coilies and some spacers but that dosnt give them stance. I was totally into the VAG/VW scene prior to my clio and to get a stance worth talking about would cost a lot of money and time. There are only 1 or 2 clios with stance i know of and they have gone along the euro line which in turn totally screws the handling of the car.

Dont get me wrong you do have a stunning low car but as for stance you have very little.

Cars with a lot, could not find any clios

Key factors to stance

Tuck
or
Poke
Wide wheels
Stretch
Low

Be it arch work, notched chassie, coilies, stretched tyres... you get the idea.

DSC08024a.jpg

050608-10-2.jpg

Paul

182 and cherokee 4.0
Not one to be nasty but there isnt much in the way of stance going on there. Its just low with spacers. Stance is a totally different kettle of fish altogether. Any one can buy a set of coilies and some spacers but that dosnt give them stance. I was totally into the VAG/VW scene prior to my clio and to get a stance worth talking about would cost a lot of money and time. There are only 1 or 2 clios with stance i know of and they have gone along the euro line which in turn totally screws the handling of the car.

Dont get me wrong you do have a stunning low car but as for stance you have very little.

DSC08024a.jpg

050608-10-2.jpg

Paul

cheers for the comment. great pics by the way, i used to have a mk2 golf like i love old vws. i have the badge off mine on my living room wall ha. i just wasn't sure of the right terminology, should have just said how do you think this looks ;)

GTD, Lupo
Dont get me wrong your clio is spot on. The way i would have a 182 if i had one. Love the wheels and its nice and low. I had a Mk2 before and it cost me about £1600 and i still didnt get the stance spot on. Its a tought one to call but stance is a difficult one to judge. You have to decide if you want a car you can drive or a car tyhat is difficult to drive. I had 195s on a 10.5j wheel befiore and the handling was dreadfull but for practicality your car is ace.

I kept my old mk2 16v badge but got upset every time i looked at it. Got £20 for it on ebay :D

Paul

A Euro'd one...

Key factors to stance

Tuck
or
Poke
Wide wheels
Stretch
Low

Be it arch work, notched chassie, coilies, stretched tyres... you get the idea.

Paul

This man has got it spot on.

Your car sits lovely but not much in the stance department. I wouldn't change it tbh as you'll lose the handling...

I though I was brave stretching a 215/40 over a 10" rim but 195?! :shock:

clio 172 sport
it'll drop a little bit more on its own, fitted some v-maxx coilies bout two weeks ago...., cos there new springs they will compress permanatly a little more once there bedded in... mines dropped upto another 10mm

pics of mine are two day old on v-maxx will load some more soon

P1010920.jpg

P1010923.jpg

P1010925.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
cheers for all the comments. new bonnet is getting put on in a couple of weeks... my mate reversed his jeep over it. getting it all matched in then i will get round to cleaning it properly. don't see the point until then!

LOL

Nice car mate, looks perfect to me.

b/g 182, meg tourer
rear height is fine imo. just raise the front, its too low and it will stop the rubbing. problem solved.

182 and cherokee 4.0
had the front raised 20mm today! will get some pics when i can. think it could do with being a touch lower at the front now ha

A Flamin' Red one
Mine sat this high over the rear on V-Maxx when they were first fitted -

DSC02613.gif

And after one weekend away, five-up, the car sits like this -

DSC02904.gif

DSC02925.gif

They will settle :) .

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Depends what you want tbh. At that height, I imagine the handling's not going to be great. I wouldn't want mine that low.

Mini Clubman
i'm not happy with it. it won't go any lower on the rear and the front it rubbing to bits...

mine was lower than that when me and grey first put the H&R's on mine. Rubbed like a bugga! I would have them set up! I am going to get mine done

182 and cherokee 4.0
mine was lower than that when me and grey first put the H&R's on mine. Rubbed like a bugga! I would have them set up! I am going to get mine done

what exactly does that involve? how much we talking? had it raised 20mm on the front and doesn't seem to rub now, looks a bit high but feels like it handles well.

anyone else find the steering wheel always sits to one side or the other after putting theirs on? had mine aligned and still to one side