ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think of these?

JB

RB 182 Cup
Looking to buy a RB 182 Cup soonish and sell my 172.

What are your opinions on these?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...l/colour/blue/page/4/sort/pricedesc&logcode=p

That one looks mint but is 280 miles away from me!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...l/colour/blue/page/4/sort/pricedesc&logcode=p

Bit closer but more expensive and seems to have had a front end respray and maybe a shunt due to painted stickers and dodgy splitter!

Anyone got a 182 Cup for sale at the moment around the 5.5k mark or know someone that has I'd be very grateful. Would you part ex for a 172 :p

Pretty much the same spec I have. Great cars.
Mines a 54 plate - 71k miles and still love it. Might be selling but won't be for a few months yet (unless you give me £5500 for it ;))

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Unless your 172 is a shitter don't bother spending alot to change. You won't find any difference in performance.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I made this exact change. And regretted it. Don't do it fella, spend a wee bit on the 172. If you get some decent suspension (road biased like h&r, kw v2) you'll have a car that still rides well, but handles better. Keep your original suspension, and coilovers hold their value fairly well.

There's no difference at all in pace, but the 172 will give slightly better mpg in my experience (33v35).

172 cup
Surprised your selling up mate, yours was looking aggressive but very tidy when i passed your gaff the other day.

Much better without the elf stickers imo.

JB

RB 182 Cup
How come you changing from a 172 to a 182?
I know it's not really an upgrade, more of a sidestep but I really like the RB 182s. And really want a Cup version

Brown Bear said:
I made this exact change. And regretted it. Don't do it fella, spend a wee bit on the 172. If you get some decent suspension (road biased like h&r, kw v2) you'll have a car that still rides well, but handles better. Keep your original suspension, and coilovers hold their value fairly well.

There's no difference at all in pace, but the 172 will give slightly better mpg in my experience (33v35).
Hmmm those are good points and that's what I was planning on doing just had a change of heart a while back and realised I can afford a 182 now. I don't have to commute to work so MPG is less of an issue.

The 172 will be getting a full service/belt change before I sell it.

Dicaniocup said:
Surprised your selling up mate, yours was looking aggressive but very tidy when i passed your gaff the other day.

Much better without the elf stickers imo.
Haha thanks man! Elf stickers are still on there atm though they were probably just covered in snow. I'm the only one that likes them but have been meaning to take them off just can't get a hairdryer on them in this weather :p

Always on the look out for your Cup when I go past the Town Hall :cool:

Oh and here's the other link: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200952349137730/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/renault/model/clio/price-to/6000/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-from/4000/page/17/postcode/hr12nu/radius/1501?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fhr12nu%2Fradius%2F1501%2Fmake%2Frenault%2Fmodel%2Fclio%2Fprice-to%2F6000%2Fengine-size-cars%2F2l_to_2-5l%2Fprice-from%2F4000%2Fpage%2F17%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&logcode=p

I rang up the garage in the other link I'd posted yesterday and they'd sold it the day before :(

320d
In my opinion there is no point in getting a full service and belts done before selling the car. You will not get the full amount you spent on it back. I paid £2400 for my PH1 that needed belts within 6 months. I got them done, and engine mounts at a cost of £550. So my total cost is £2950 but I would probably put it up for sale at £2750. So i'd lose £200 at least. Personally as a buyer I prefared to have them done myself too, just to be 100% they have been done.

I'd also recommend a FF182. No real advantages of a 182 Cup in my opinion.

JB

RB 182 Cup
In my opinion there is no point in getting a full service and belts done before selling the car. You will not get the full amount you spent on it back. I paid £2400 for my PH1 that needed belts within 6 months. I got them done, and engine mounts at a cost of £550. So my total cost is £2950 but I would probably put it up for sale at £2750. So i'd lose £200 at least. Personally as a buyer I prefared to have them done myself too, just to be 100% they have been done.

I'd also recommend a FF182. No real advantages of a 182 Cup in my opinion.
But you're almost always going to make a loss when selling a car on anyhow.

With regards to preferring having the belts done by yourself surely a receipt of the service is good enough proof that they've been done?

Rb 182 ff
That second link you posted, the car is located in the isle of wight just thought id let you know if you dont mind travelling :)

Mini Cooper S sport
I went from a black 172 to an RB 182 and never regretted it for a moment.

I would definitely go for FF though. Don't bother with the cup version. Why would you want to go without leather/alcantara seats, xenons and CC for a negligible difference in performance?

JB

RB 182 Cup
If your going to swap for a 182 it's got to be an RB or Trophy IMO.
Aiie and that's what I'm doing. Don't want to spend 7k on a Trophy (plus the insurance hike will be a lot) and I will want to swap out the Cup suspension at some point for some coilovers (I know versions available for the Cup are limited and expensive)

Here's another but a bit pricey! Still needs to be run in :p

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1427640.htm