ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does it mean when...

Racing Blue 182
the tempereature gauge drops down as if the car was just started at cold and the orange engine warning light comes on? The car had been running for 30 mins so it was no way cold!

This has just happened to mine and it cut out on me at the traffic lights, took 5 mins to start again!

only had it 10 days so its now back at the renault dealers while they try to fix the problem - tonight and tomorrow I am now driving a 1.9 diesel astra from a hire car place - nice!

Was a 197
think of the fuel economy mate

sounds like a manufaturing fault if u've had such a short time

Racing Blue 182
Sorry, the car is actually 2 years old, I previously had an 04 reg black/gold 182 and the mileage was getting high so i traded up for a 05 reg 182 in racing blue (cup pack etc)! its only got 6500 miles on clock!

never had one problem with me 04 but sods law says this one will cause me no end of grief - always the way!!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It could be something simple like the temperature sensor, as it is common for them to go.

Racing Blue 182
I nearly did buy a trophy but the mileage on this was so low and got a good deal through the dealer as my whole family have bought cars through this guy at some stage!

well hopefully it doesn't sound too bad, glad it happened now and not tonight as i was just leaving for blackpool from work!

M135i
i replaced my temp sensor a couple of months ago. 20ish quid i *think* it cost me. sorted the random temp gauge out a treat.