ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this mean

While at work this morning I heard a car alarm go off, which sounded a bit like the one from my clio. I went to check that no pikey charv scum was trying to steal it and everything seemed ok, the indicators werent flashing the alarm had also stopped. Now just getting into my car it made a beeping sound then the little led next to the gear stick flashed 3 times? Has someone acually been tampering with my motor???:mad: what does the flashing light mean?

Its the alarm telling you that is has been set-off whilst you were away the number of beeps corresponds to the sensor that was tripped, cant remember which 3 beeps is it tells you in the alarm leaflet you got with the car.

Ford Fiesta

its the number of flashes the LED gives at a time which tells you which sensor was tripped.

Liam your correct sorry meant the LED flashing not the beeps, so the answer to your question is yes it was your alarm that went off.

Ford Fiesta

3 times of led flash as i recall is door/boot/bonnet trip. could be a fault or wind. mines done it once before. but your alaram did go off yes.

It also went off once when some kids went real close to it. (glad really)

yep im sure it was my alarm that i heard but it had stopped by the time i got to the ground floor of my building.... I also just noticed that the drivers door does not have a key lock on it....ive only had the car 7 months!

Ford Fiesta

natcup, yeah thats normal, only get a lock on the drivers side (passenger when car some to UK) at least helps stop door drilling. id get rid of both if i was renault.