ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does you car idle like when warm ??

RB clio 182
Just wondering about others, as mine has a bit of a lump as in, its not constantly smooth as such. If you listen to the exhaust, it sounds like it occasionally puff or pops a bit like a small missfire, you can slightly feel it through the car.

My friends 197 has a completely smooth idle.

Is it normal that mine doesnt idle in a completely smooth manner??

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just wondering about others, as mine has a bit of a lump as in, its not constantly smooth as such. If you listen to the exhaust, it sounds like it occasionally puff or pops a bit like a small missfire, you can slightly feel it through the car.

My friends 197 has a completely smooth idle.

Is it normal that mine doesnt idle in a completely smooth manner??

Sounds normal to me

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My 200 (when cold) Sounds like the exhaust is blowing, but so does every other I've driven/heard It also burbles & pops & has a nice rasp from cold.

RB clio 182
Ok thats good to know. Unsure if I should get a remap or not.. Dont want to get rid of the top end character of the 182, which is what a hear the map does ??

RB clio 182
So you didnt notice any extra power as such ? Since ive fitted a full milltek ive noticed the kick isnt as noticeable tbh and feels like its gained some mid range torque. May be due to the decat and 2.5" from start to finish...

Clio 182
I'm genuinely over the moon at reading this thread :)

I've been thinking it's like someone's shoved an extra tin-can in the exhaust when cold. At idle it sounds all kinds of moody too!

172 PH1
I believe the lumpy idles in the 172/182/197 family is essentially just to due to quite a lean mixture as so to pass emission regs etc

As said though, zero to worry about.

172 cup, Impreza P1
how you find the adaptronic? friend of mine is looking at one shortly.

mines quite lumpy on idle

So far I like it. Scoff still has some more mapping to do when I get it back to him to sort the cold start with idle control and also get it fully mapped to see how many ponies we can get out of it.

At idle it is fast but not lumpy but mine is the F4rT lump so cams are different.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
totally normal, my mk 1 on the F7 lump does the same, in fact all my mk1's have, 16v and williams slight hiccup in the idle.

the 172 and the 182 have both been the same