ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what does your 182 run like when cold

RB 182
awful. splutters then pops and bangs through he exhaust but only for a minute then its fine. think its something all clios do

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Good old kangeroo juice if you hold the trottle steddy.

LY V6 with Recaros
It run like poo on v-power but since switching to bp ultimate it's fine! :S

Wow, I was actually going to ask this.

Mine runs horrible for about the first minute, then it's fine. I can pull out onto the road accelerate and then it stops accelerating for a split second, then picks up, then splutters etc. About a minute in, there's this sudden surge of power and it's fine for the rest of the day.

My 172 wasn't as bad as my 182 is. But the 172 was a bit lumpy still. Think it's all to do with emissions isn't it?

106 GTi
By the time I have got it out the garage, closed the garage etc it is running fine, the times I have pulled away straight away it is lumpy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i have a Milltek and decat, it sometimes bangs, gurgles and pops so loudly when changing gear when it's cold.

sounds ace though! lol

I believe its because the variable timing isnt activated until the coolant reaches a certain temp. A remap can change this so its activated from startup.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup my 172 is shocking, but oddly not from cold ie 1st thing in the morning its fine, but if i go out at lunch from work to something it does as described abouve for the 1st min or so

no power till you hit 3k then this surge

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
i have a Milltek and decat, it sometimes bangs, gurgles and pops so loudly when changing gear when it's cold.

sounds ace though! lol

Mine is the same (Different exhaust though)

Its Great except when going to work some Morings really early and driving through the GF's quiet Village, Definitely Pops more when on V-Power, BP Ultimate etc.

it might be anidea to take it easy until the oil gets warm first ppl!!

Mine starts hesitating/missing when accelerating about 2.5krpm.

Please explain how to safely pull out onto a main road with traffic travelling at 60mph without revving to at least 3.5krpm?! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you're all overlooking the solution...

as soon as you start up, bounce it off the cold limiter for three minutes

works a treat for mine

works a treat for mine

You joke (I hope) but I used to do that in my old Punto in the winter to get the heaters warm. (It was under warranty so nae problems)

106 GTi
GGR approved ?

Tried and tested.

Where do you think Gooch is right now? ...on the limiter with balls in hand; that's where :cool:

Edited for factual reasons

works a treat for mine

You joke (I hope) but I used to do that in my old Punto in the winter to get the heaters warm. (It was under warranty so nae problems)

lol!

Racing Blue FF182
most renault engines are pretty naf when cold, me 1.6 used to be the worst, revs used to fuctuate quiet abit until warmed up, 182 isnt too bad but still does it

Clio 172 mk2
lol @ the Gooch comment

My 172 seems to run fine from cold...driven worse I can tell you

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The idle on start up for a standard 1*2 is lumpy due to the Catalytic converter needing to warm up before it works properly hence the poor running. Mine isn't exactly bad compared to my old cars that ran carbs

And ideally you shouldn't rev higher than 3k until the engine/ oil/ water is at full temperature unless you want to speed up wear 10fold within the first 5mins. not quite so easy if you have to pull into 60mph traffic admittedly

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
VVT doesn't operate at cold-idle, or so i was told

something to do with emissions too maybe. lol

works a treat for mine

I know someone who did this with a brand new fiesta hire car, 600 miles on the clock, brick on pedal back into the warm for breakfast!

106 GTi

works a treat for mine

I know someone who did this with a brand new fiesta hire car, 600 miles on the clock, brick on pedal back into the warm for breakfast!

Third time in this thread I have lol'd at work, they think I am odder than normal now.