ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What DSLR!

Mental 172 Cup
Ive tryed to do a search but not really found anything to answer my questions!

Im looking to get a DSLR soonish!

What camera are good ones to go for?

Ive been looking at the Nikon D40 and D60!

Also Lenses and filters etc etc! As i have no clue :D

I dont mind spending money but i dont wanna go to mad!

and what sort of things do i have to watch for when buying one as ive heard DSLRs need cleaning every 6months etc etc!

Can anyone post up pictures that they have taken with their cameras so i can see what sort of images people can produced!

Many Thanks :D

Luke

172//Crap Micra//Bus
The D60 is the one I was looking at originally, seems a lovely camera. But i'm not an expert tbh

Mental 172 Cup
whats the difference from say the D40!

im certainly no expert but just wanna know im not wasting my money of stuff i may not even use :D

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'm not to sure, as far as i'm aware the D60 is basically an upgrade to the D40!! Few extra features and obviously a higher pixel rate. In the end I couldn't really afford that much upfront, so I ended up going for a Bridge Camera instead. Jessops have a decent deal on them atm iirc, plus there's a Cashback deal available on them too.

Mental 172 Cup
ive been looking on jessops and they did a D60 started kit for £411!

didnt know weather it was a good deal or not?!

thanks for your help mate :D

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I wouldn't like to say myself mate, but i'm sure others will be able advise you better than I would :D

A red missile
check out prices here, its the best site i've found (unless anyone knows better)

whats in the starter kit? the camera plus a general purpose lens can be had for a lot less than £411

172 mk2 Iceberg
d60 lens is better in low light with no flash as it has VR else d40 and 60 very similar

not much between them in price maybe £80 now ??

Id have the d60 but if you not gonna use it a lot the 40 is very very good value

Mental 172 Cup
check out prices here, its the best site i've found (unless anyone knows better)

whats in the starter kit? the camera plus a general purpose lens can be had for a lot less than £411

in that kit you get:
  • Nikon D60 with Nikon 18-55mm VR lens
  • Tamron 70-300mm, f4-5.6 lens for Nikon (5123012)
  • Sandisk 2GB Ultra II SD card (5009554)
i was wrong its called a double lens kit! :D starter kit is £322!

SchwepTek™
Luke you homo.

If you buy a nikon i'll draw on ur LY shed in permanent marker.

Canon 450D fer sho!

Mental 172 Cup
lol!

can anyone post up some pics they have taken with there cameras! long exposure etc!

i want a few examples :D

SchwepTek™
You won't be able to to see any difference in quality on here anyway mate.

It's all to do with the lens and the operator!

Mental 172 Cup
You won't be able to to see any difference in quality on here anyway mate.

It's all to do with the lens and the operator!

Ahhhh right!

Im liking these long exposure shots at night!

and is it apature when u change the area of focus!

and ovb the emmense quality the cameras!

just wanna be able to do the same sort of thing :)

SchwepTek™
Ahhhh right!

Im liking these long exposure shots at night!

and is it apature when u change the area of focus!

and ovb the emmense quality the cameras!

just wanna be able to do the same sort of thing :)

If you know what your doing you can do it on a standard digital camera mate! lol.

Depends how much you wanna spend and if you really wanna get into it or not.

But for ease of use/value for money i'd go with a 400d or 450d.

Aperture is focus area yeh.

Mental 172 Cup
oh right ;)

well ill have a play tonight on my dads camera see how i get on :)

just love wat you can do with a camera some of the images ive seen people take on here is emmense!

and ive not got a good digi cam :(

ill consider those 2 and the d40 then :)

Skoda
Ahhhh that was a good guess.

Hope all is well fella.

How is the car? Been run in a bit now i guess!

Yeah good thanks mate.... Car is good.... 6k on the clock now.. Was garaged for 3 months while I went on holiday to Afghanistan:S

You doing FCS this year?? Camping again??

SchwepTek™
Yeah good thanks mate.... Car is good.... 6k on the clock now.. Was garaged for 3 months while I went on holiday to Afghanistan:S

You doing FCS this year?? Camping again??

Not sure yet bud. Depends when it is as i might be on holiday.

How was your holiday? :S

dk

911 GTS Cab
D40/D40x/D60/D50/D90/D700/D300/D3/300D/400D/450D/40D/30D/20D/5D/1D

I recommend one of them :) lol
all of those and not the 50d?;)

All these what camera should I buy are starting to get a bit repetitive now, we should just get a buying guide up or something and point people to that, needs to be someone who knows the canon and nikon range well though and finally direct them to jessops to try holding them all;)

all of those and not the 50d?;)

All these what camera should I buy are starting to get a bit repetitive now, we should just get a buying guide up or something and point people to that, needs to be someone who knows the canon and nikon range well though and finally direct them to jessops to try holding them all;)

It would be out of date in about 2 months :)

The standard reply should be...

"you won't see any difference between any of the entry level DSLRs, so just go to Jessops or you friendly local independent camera store and handle them all, as they handle quite differently and can suit different size hands in different ways. Also, long term you are probably better off with a Canon or Nikon, as they have the majority of the market share and therefore accessories/lens/second-hand gear/advice are all more widely available."

I think, to be honest, the major step up most people notice is with the 50mm primes, as soon as you add something like that you have a 'professional camera', basically.

Rally bus
All these what camera should I buy are starting to get a bit repetitive now, we should just get a buying guide up or something and point people to that,

Or train people to use google. Anyway...

All Nikon DSLR's summarised here:

http://www.nikonians.org/html/resources/nikon_articles/body/chart/nikon_dslr_chart.html

Canon website lets you compare models in the range:

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/Digital_SLR/index.asp

If you want to read reviews of some of the models then:

http://www.digitalnikon.org/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

http://www.dcresource.com/

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

And has been said several times before go and try the cameras in a shop to get an idea of feel/ease of use/deals on offer etc.

There, wasn't difficult was it ;)

I'd not bother with the D40 or D60 they are too functionally disabled.

Ive tryed to do a search but not really found anything to answer my questions!

Im looking to get a DSLR soonish!

What camera are good ones to go for?

Ive been looking at the Nikon D40 and D60!

Also Lenses and filters etc etc! As i have no clue :D

I dont mind spending money but i dont wanna go to mad!

and what sort of things do i have to watch for when buying one as ive heard DSLRs need cleaning every 6months etc etc!

Can anyone post up pictures that they have taken with their cameras so i can see what sort of images people can produced!

Many Thanks :D

Luke

mk 2 172
i found it very easy to get used to considering its my 1st dslr and never even used one till boxing day, all of the settings have little pictures next to the on the menu giving example of a good time to use it. and the is a help button which you can press on most of the setting to explain wot it does. aswell as a very usfull manual.

there is also a few good reviews on youtube.

hope this helps. feel free to pm me

james