ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What else do I need...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I want to get into detailing a bit more...

So Iv been and bought a couple of things, its not alot atm as I have no idea whats best, iv just been looking around, i asked my mate he sold me a a couple things, but iv no idea what else i need...

My Little collection:
IMG_05011.gif

As i said its not alot, just the basics, the 2 blue bottles are glass cleaner and some cheapo wheel cleaner, only bought for the bottles since they wer only a pound each :D

Getting some of this also http://www.dodojuice.com/rainforest-rub-carnauba-car-wax.html

Will be buying a foam lance and a new pressure washer this week if all goes to plan..

No idea what else i need, so ideas please :D

Tunst.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have shampoo? Or is that green bottle next to your AG stuff shampoo? It looks like Dodo Juice glass cleaner to me!

You've got the very basics there, you don't really have a stand-alone corrective polish, the SRP will only "fill" the swirls and scratches on your paintwork. For working by hand though, it'll do. In honesty, there's a million different things that you could buy, and they could all make a difference in some way or another, but for your first forage into detailing, that'll do I reckon, until you gain more confidence, and a better understanding of what you want to achieve. As I'm sure everyone else will tell you, it's a slippery slope ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Do you have shampoo? Or is that green bottle next to your AG stuff shampoo? It looks like Dodo Juice glass cleaner to me!

You've got the very basics there, you don't really have a stand-alone corrective polish, the SRP will only "fill" the swirls and scratches on your paintwork. For working by hand though, it'll do. In honesty, there's a million different things that you could buy, and they could all make a difference in some way or another, but for your first forage into detailing, that'll do I reckon, until you gain more confidence, and a better understanding of what you want to achieve. As I'm sure everyone else will tell you, it's a slippery slope ;)

Yeah the green stuff is Shampoo.. From what iv seen it will get more and more expensive as i go on :eek:

I have a RRS to keep clean now though >.<

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it can become a very costly habit. It won't be too long until you're buying Swissvax wheel brushes because they look pretty, just like Gally ;)

And f**k cleaning a RRS regularly, would take hours upon hours to fully detail it!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yeah, it can become a very costly habit. It won't be too long until you're buying Swissvax wheel brushes because they look pretty, just like Gally ;)

And f**k cleaning a RRS regularly, would take hours upon hours to fully detail it!

Haha iv already had my mate trying to convince me to buy some C5 wheel sealant? which is apparently very expensive...

The damn RRS is black so soon as you clean it, you move a metre and its filthy :( Its also swirly as f*ck so il be handing it to someone to sort that.

I spent a few hours on it last week and its hanging again :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, I have a BG Clio, and as soon as I turn the key in the ignition, dirt seems to have found its way on to my paintwork ;) Black is definitely a labour of love!

C5 is supposed to be good (from the little I've read about it) but for near on £30, it is expensive. I'd rather whack my money on PB wheel sealant, if I'm honest.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yup, I have a BG Clio, and as soon as I turn the key in the ignition, dirt seems to have found its way on to my paintwork ;) Black is definitely a labour of love!

C5 is supposed to be good (from the little I've read about it) but for near on £30, it is expensive. I'd rather whack my money on PB wheel sealant, if I'm honest.

My 172 is PB and looking out the window now, its near brown..

I still need a few more things, wheel cleaner etc but no idea whats best tbh...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Bilberry's a good shout, it's what I use. Can be diluted or used neat if really needed, so a bottle lasts a good while. I also use Autosmart Tardis (diluted) on really bad brake dust marks, but tbh the Bilberry does a good job.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Bilberry's a good shout, it's what I use. Can be diluted or used neat if really needed, so a bottle lasts a good while. I also use Autosmart Tardis (diluted) on really bad brake dust marks, but tbh the Bilberry does a good job.

Il look into that then, any more recommendations?

Im surprised the rest of the detailing nuts haven't told me what to buy what not to buy and how to use it :rasp:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe look at a glaze? Can use it with your DJ wax? PB Black Hole is a glaze for dark coloured cars, and looks lovely. Also get some trim restorer! Chemical Guys New Look Trim Restorer is a good shout, I also like PB Natural Look, although I tend to just use that for interior bits these days.

mg zr
ive just started and my cleaning collection consists of megs stuff as it seems good to me and at the moment gives me a clean i like however i am looking into polishers and more expensive pads waxs shampoos etc etc etc got a basket on one site with £500+ worth of detailing stuff detailingworld is a good place to start the lads and lasses on there will help you no end

2 buckets are a must aswell imo

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Took marcJp' advice and ordered myself some PB Black Haze and some Billberry wheel cleaner..

Any more recommendations?

Something to seal the wheels and a decent wax or sealant for the body.

Maybe PB wheel sealant
AG HD wax

Edit.

Just had a scan as mentioned get a tar remover and glue remover(Tardis or AG). Chemical resistant spray head four the Billerry along with a bottle to dilute it. Tyre dressing can't think slightly tired. :)

You might need some more applicactor pads for your PB Black haze and to apply your wax.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Maybe PB wheel sealant
AG HD wax

Haven't seen the rest of the thread so not sure if they have been mentioned

I have some wax coming tomorrow and im just looking at all the different wheel sealants at the minute, PB seems to be the popular one..

Yeah PB is good or FK1000p if you want a longer lasting one

or you could go with C5 think that is the right one lasts about 6months.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Maybe PB wheel sealant
AG HD wax

Edit.

Just had a scan as mentioned get a tar remover and glue remover(Tardis or AG). Chemical resistant spray head four the Billerry along with a bottle to dilute it. Tyre dressing can't think slightly tired. :)

You might need some more applicactor pads for your PB Black haze and to apply your wax.

Got some applicators on the way also, and im just buying some bottles now :approve:

Yeah PB is good or FK1000p if you want a longer lasting one.

or you go with I think it is C5 lasts aboy 6months.

C5 is a little to pro for me :rasp:

PB or FK1000p then.

Best place for PB is EBay unless you are doing a big shop online save on P&P.

EBay is about £13 with a Mircofibre and applicator pad. Tardis is cheap on thier too, although people don't like to do it.

Some APC might be good. Tesco's own brand fairy liquid(Daisy) with some water in a bottle. Good for the engine bay, stripping back the wax, wheels and some others.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
PB or FK1000p then.

Best place for PB is EBay unless you are doing a big shop online save on P&P.

EBay is about £13 with a Mircofibre and applicator pad. Tardis is cheap on thier too, although people don't like to do it.

Some APC might be good. Tesco's own brand fairy liquid(Daisy) with some water in a bottle. Good for the engine bay, stripping back the wax, wheels and some others.

Just put some PB wheel sealant in my basket.. along with APC.. This is getting expensive :eek:

Just put some PB wheel sealant in my basket.. along with APC.. This is getting expensive :eek:

Haha yep all depends how far you want to go with it I surpose.

Having 3 different cars doesn't help either. Hope thier not all different colours ;)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My Bilberry's always came with a spray head? From i4detailing? So I've never needed to buy one.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Haha yep all depends how far you want to go with it I surpose.

Having 3 different cars doesn't help either. Hope thier not all different colours ;)

Missed this comment.. The RRS is Black, the 172 is Black, the 107 is red, and my van is British Gas Blue...

Forget the van if like me you have a fuel card then carwash on the company when you fill up. New van every 5years plus it isn't yours so no need to worry. :)

Most of the stuff you have is fine for 3 tbh.

Not a 320d
Doesnt have to get expensive mate. Just research a lot and decide whats best for you.

Id sooner have 1000p. I find it works best on clean paintwork after an IPA wipedown, it even looks good and doesnt dull the flake like Collinites will. Durable too.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Forget the van if like me you have a fuel card then carwash on the company when you fill up. New van every 5years plus it isn't yours so no need to worry. :)

Most of the stuff you have is fine for 3 tbh.

Its our own company so I like to keep the van cleanish.. lol

Doesnt have to get expensive mate. Just research a lot and decide whats best for you.

Id sooner have 1000p. I find it works best on clean paintwork after an IPA wipedown, it even looks good and doesnt dull the flake like Collinites will. Durable too.

So many reviews and opinions on diff products il end up buying them all and seeing which I prefer :rasp: