ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What else is worth getting

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Have Meguiars 3 stage System. Also Gold Class wash and wax, scratch x, clay. Autoglym for leather cleaner and cnditioner and also the interior shampoo. Lots of microfibre cloths, meguiars water magnet and both microfibre and wollen mitts.

Anything else worth getting to supplemnet products I have, to be used in conjunction with or instead of. Think Meguiars pro rnage or any others I haven't heard of?

Any thoughts????

Thanks in advance.

106 GTi
Looks like a good kit, not a big fan of the Megs Stage 3 range though here.

Maybe look into a good sealant, some trim and tyre care stuff and a good glass polish.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Forgot to mention also have Autoglym glass cleaner and glass polish. Do have the wonder glass stuff but hate the mess it creates when you rub off.

Have Gold class trim detailer too and also a cosmo (same as meguiars) random orbit polisher.

Was thinking of supplementing with some sealant or stuff from meguiars pro range but can't get my head round all the polishes and stuff.

Have my Valver (williams blue) plus GF's polo (silver) to use this on and my brother has red fto so stuff to use on all 3 really.

Also whats best for getting grey plastic back to black like the trim around wipers that has had 10 years of fading. Think some people get them painted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Autoglym super resin polish and Extra gloss protection .
Autoglym engine and machine cleaner for your alloys , AG vinyl and rubber care for your tyres .

Zaimo leather in a bottle :

http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=12_Z10

Wax like the collinites #845 or #476

Or i find the liquid souveran wax beads water better than the collinite :

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-liquid-souveran-p-77.html

Or some stuff recommended by Alan on here from carwasnwax :

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

106 GTi
Matty said:
Forgot to mention also have Autoglym glass cleaner and glass polish. Do have the wonder glass stuff but hate the mess it creates when you rub off.

Also whats best for getting grey plastic back to black like the trim around wipers that has had 10 years of fading. Think some people get them painted.

Nice and thin with the Glass polish to prevent dusting.

Autoglym Bumper Care Gel works a treat for me.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If i'm using AG super resin polish on the car i clean the windows with it as well , leaves em sparkling :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Was referring to the wonder glass stuff from same people as wonder wheels.

Not used the autoglym stuff yet.

Thanks for the info.

Is it worth getting a proper wax in a tub rtahe rthan a liquid wax as both the gold class and stage 3 are liquid types. Thinking P21s or similar.

No-one recommending the Meguiars pro range, was wondering if any of the glazes, sealants or swirl removers would be good especially with the Random Orbit polisher.

Have a few scratches to get out especially where they smashed window on my gf's polo so was wondering what would be good to use if scratch x isn't up to them. Maybe if that doesn't work then it needs professional help....

106 GTi
I would also ditch stage 3 and Gold Class Carnuba fora decent pure Carnuba Wax such as P21s or Nattys Blue, both a miles ahead of the Megs consumer stuff.

What colours your car?

The Meguiars Pro range is okay, lots of fans of the #80 and #83 for Swirl removers by PC on here.

I am planning to P.C mine at the weekend but apart from Speed Glaze wont be using many Megs Pro Products.

Swirl Remove - Poorboys SSR 2.5, Polish - Megs #80 Speed Glaze, Glaze - Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze.

This is a good route by PC, as Scratch X by hand is hard work and hardly ever 100% effectiove on anything more than small isolated areas.