ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What emergency kit do you keep in your car?

Renault clio 2005
You dont need to replace the Lucozade weekly ffs! Take no notice of the sell by date. They are actually good for about 300 years. I know a bloke who is a manager at GSK who says that sell by dates are just a way for shops to make more money out of at you.

Lol I would not be suprised tbh. Normally The week old Lucozade gets given to a mate who is hungover on a Saturday he has never complained at 8 am lol.

Renault clio 2005
he does drive a renault remember, but the cambelt wont snap on it.

I think this is a Refferal to a previous topic I posted. I never said the cambelt won`t snap I would expect it to snap if It was not changed after 75k. Please Try and stop taking the piss out of me for a previous post. I would like this thread to stay on topic without cheap shots against me.

Only other thing I may to add to my car is a vag warning triangle can be very useful if you break down in Dangerous place.

Renault clio 2005
Bet you never carry a spare Campbelt though hey chaz!?

No I don`t Don`t carry many spare parts tbh because trying to repair on the side of a busy road is not a great Idea. And I have the rac membership to take care of that for me.

Socket set w/ torq handles etc, spare bulbs, walking boots, gloves, warning triangle, tyre weld, AA card, high vis, jack and a Top Gun CD in case I'm in the s**t and need some emergency cheese to keep moral high.

Can't stress enough how much you should carry a warning triangle if you drive B roads & in rural areas. Was illustrated this point whilst working as an airport transfer driver in the alps. Two peoples warning triangles probably saved quite a few lives due to the position a car had broken down in on a bend with a steep drop the other side. Similar situations could happen easily in rural areas, possibly minus the drop.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
For those who don't carry spare wheels, beware that AA / RAC can (and have been known to) charge for recovery if your car is supposed to have a spare and it isn't present.

For those who don't carry spare wheels, beware that AA / RAC can (and have been known to) charge for recovery if your car is supposed to have a spare and it isn't present.
182s obviously have no spare wheel well but my mate's Vectra VXR had a well but didn't come with a spare as standard! It'd be a bugger having to explain that one.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
182s obviously have no spare wheel well but my mate's Vectra VXR had a well but didn't come with a spare as standard! It'd be a bugger having to explain that one.

It's just what comes on the spec of the car they check. If you phone up with a Focus, and say I've got a puncture and no spare wheel, but the spec says it should have one, then they can charge you.