ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exhaust to get ....

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
basically u can choose either of the two mid pipes Top or Bottom in the picture and the back box comes with anyway. k-tech are good mate very good quailty. have u not thought about a powerflow custom decat there a little cheaper?

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
they are good mate and its only a 1.6 not sure u should spend bag loads on a zausht as it wont do alot id go powerflow and save some money, what i do recommend is u get it fully de-catted at the same time then when finshed ask for ur cat to be put back on that way u get the de-cat pipe for a tenner!

renault clio 1.6 rsi
powerflow did my decat but the exhaust aint tht much louder and there is a kind of rattling sound when i rev. wot is the diff between fully deat and decat coz i aint sure. with tht ktec one which pipe does the pipe you get with the exhaust replace?

same thing. rattling sound may be a worn baffle?. However, EVERY powerflow system has a lifetime warrenty that will out last the life of the car without a doubt.

depending on how quiet/ loud you require your exhaust, they may add a center 'baffle/silencer/middle box' if u ever hit it on anything or for some reason is a w**k system. The Baffle may deteriorate. Thus rattle as exhaust gasses pass through.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
ok understand that but still dont know wot the pipes u choose from ktec are to replace if i decide to buy one

from the catalytic converter back. Basically just the center pipe and the backbox. NO decat. NO down pipe.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
so if i already have a decat and i get the super sport will it be loud ? good ?
pros cons please
thnx

well obviously a bigger engine will have a different exhaust note to a 1.2.

I could not compare my exhaust on my 1.poo to a 2.0l sport.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
so wot if i get tht sytem and just put the back box on and dont use the pipe just sell it or keep it till later :s
also is the afore mentioned pipe for a car tht sill has its cat
bottom line is i need to know whether
A.tht system sounds good generally speakin
B. wot sounds better no cat or silencer or neither
C. wots the sitch with any of the above in the event of an MOT

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
You live in durham, get booked in to AAS in newcastle, get a custom system made up, as loud as you want, any look you want, any size tail pipes ect.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
my 172 is loud ish my mates de-cat is loud it depends on many things for example engine firing sequence all plays a part on what sound a car will make basically the pipe ull be chooseing will replace the pipe thats already bolted onto where the cat would of been theoretically yes it should make it louder no garentees. which is why i recommend a powerflow there custom and will make a system as loud or as quite as u want remember if an exhaust is too loud it can sometime mean to much has been removed in terms of the zaust and can reduce performance due to loss of back pressure.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
+1 AAS just had mine done last week went for the subtle noise approach sounds nice even from inside the car not loud although one of the tails pipes needs straightening, expensive but it's more local than travelling to Dorset for K-Tec should things go wrong

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
+1 AAS just had mine done last week went for the subtle noise approach sounds nice even from inside the car not loud although one of the tails pipes needs straightening, expensive but it's more local than travelling to Dorset for K-Tec should things go wrong

You got a single or a double back box? I have a single that was the first single version they had sone on a 182.

mine is really quiet :) 55 miles a day on a motorway

renault clio 1.6 rsi
just been to aas gonna get one done there but 7 week waiting list so gonna have to wait
there was a blue 1*2 there off here aswell but cant remember the plate lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
just been to aas gonna get one done there but 7 week waiting list so gonna have to wait

Think you self lucky, last summer, myself, carl and hutchie waited nearly 3 months. did get discount for all going together though ;)

renault clio 1.6 rsi
wot can you tell me bout the mot situation then
wot will happen bout the emiisions and noise
i dunno how high the emissions have to be anyway to fail but i know tht the noise limit is either 102 or 112 db and aas has sed they wont make it louder thn tht so if any garage says its too loud i know wot to say
but wot about emissions and the total lack of cat and silencer and the fact the lamba sensor is now bossed ?
just dont wanna fail and have to undo the work and pay for a new mot
details if possible please
what do ppl on here do bout havin straightthru exhausts and loud exhausts ?
thnx

If it has a de-cat, it will fail an M.O.T. You'll have to stick the cat back on to pass an M.O.T.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
the law states a car must be able to pass the emmision test in order to have a valid MOT. a car doesnt always need a cat to do this although 99% of the time a car will fail. so to say a car needs a cat to technically isnt true but more often than not it fails. u will need to put the cat back on to pass.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You got a single or a double back box? I have a single that was the first single version they had sone on a 182.

mine is really quiet :) 55 miles a day on a motorway

Single back box sounds nice and purposeful not loud and travel mainly motorways (700 miles round trip most weekends) has a nice 'rumble' sound to it :D rather than the you can hear me before you see me type :nono:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

Had to wait 3 months for mine to get a date that suited, seen a blue 172 there when I got mine done (loud exhaust) think he works there. Not sure if he's on here though.

alien green rs133
Single back box sounds nice and purposeful not loud and travel mainly motorways (700 miles round trip most weekends) has a nice 'rumble' sound to it :D rather than the you can hear me before you see me type :nono:

so what mines loud :rasp:

cant reccomend AAS enough :D

renault clio 1.6 rsi
so shud i be gettin phlanges put on the decat and and cat so i can put cat back in for mot ?