ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What grit sand paper?

No more clio's for me!
What grit sand paper do i need to polish up the renault sport lettering and parts of the fuel rail guard? Plus where can you get it?

Ta very much.

Dan

Monaco Blue Mk2
you'll need several mate working upwards, eg. 600, 800, 1200 etc.

Are you doing the sanding with it still in the engine bay or are you gonna take it of!? lol

No more clio's for me!
I've only got a very small amount to do and both places are easily accessible, so was going to leave it in?? Good idea?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Bot really easy parts to whip off and tbh I don't think I'd be too comfortable doing it in the engine bay. Just the thouht of metal filings in the engine bay.

106 GTi
Dan if you can whip the Fuel Rail cover of my mate who is a metal polisher could turn that round to mirror in not alot of time for you.

As for the inlet lettering, make up the surrounding are with paper to catch the dust and you will be fine.

No more clio's for me!
Hmmmm...do you need to have the fuel guard on permanently or i could drive it down to your mates? Might take you up on that offer Rich i only want a very small bit done anyway in a Maz sorta stylee. :)

106 GTi
It's only held on by a couple of bolts is it not?

I will have a word with him see if he could do it while you waited and you could bolt it back on before heading off, or maybe risk leaving it off for a day or so?

No more clio's for me!
Yeah if you could ask him mate i would be very grateful. I could pop in for a PC at the same time...lol ;)

106 GTi
He would have that polished in the time I would have done two panels I bet! I will have a chat to him later and see what he reckons.