ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What happens when you race

80MPG BEEZA
havent watched it all yet, but dont think i'd want to live if he looked anything like that drawing, and i think if that girl was speaking from her feelings she wouldnt be reading it, still sorry for thier loss

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
:dapprove: we all do things maybe we shouldnt like speed, just some are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

80MPG BEEZA
god cant watch it all in one go net's playing up, got to the but where his said he had a clio cup for a grand total of 3 days before killing himself that would say to me pushing the car beyond its limits and his own, some people dont realise how fast these cars can go

80MPG BEEZA
whaaa just seen the pictures now, i have NEVER seen a clio in that state before and i've seen some really bad ones on here, but i mean its torn the whole rear quarter away, but look its in a residential area he must have been doing absolutely crazy speeds crazy crazy speeds to do that sort of damage, look at how far the white car is away like his hit that at some point and sent it flying, glad one of the only limits i stick to is 30mph

Racing Blue 182
Very sad video, bring back memories of when i lost my best freind through a car crash when we were 17

Was he a member on here?

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
I feel sorry for his best mate, it must be awful to think it your fault. People always think it wont happen to them.

Cupra
That is a heart wrenching to watch. Rip Matthew and my sympathy to his family. It was brave of them to put themselves forward to try and stop it from happening to somebody else.

Lionel Richie
i think this possibly "might" be a mate of someone of here (i might be wrong)

the car doesn't look that bad, i've seen worse, but still, poor guy, poor family :(

Clio200 EDC Lux
So sad and such a waste of a life, the cup was pretty much destroyed shocking stuff.
cup1.jpg

cup2.jpg

172 Cup
That's some bad s**t, there has certainly been some Cup write-offs in the past hasn't there folks? Just a shame lives are lost at the same time.

After listening to the story it seems his mate overtook him and then the guy driving the Cup re-overtook the other guy in the face of oncoming traffic and subsequently clipped the island. He paid the ultimate price.

Deffinitely makes you stop and think though, when you see pictures like that. *looks at own Cup - *gulp*

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
just watched that video and has made me stop and think, is it really worth dropping it down a gear to maybe get a couple of car lengths ahead. the answer is always going to be no, let whoever the idiot behind you wanting a race just go past. Life is to precious to throw anyway all for a car. Sad sad Video RIP matthew :(

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Poor guy,

But end of the day he was racing in a residential area! bet he was doing 70 odd in a 30 zone, he was an accident waiting to happen.

Lesson to us all.

RIP

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
We've all done crazy things in the past & most get away from it
Think twice next time you want to race someone..just think of the
consequences.........................save racing for the track

Dynamique+ 1.4
very moving, i wonder if the lad who overtook him first got any sort of penalty. I know it wasnt entirley his fault though.

182 inside
anyone who races or takes risks can end up like this. I was in a bad car wreck and lost my best mate, he was driving.

PH1 172
terrible, makes you think how many times you put yourself in danger every day...these cars we drive have to be treated with the utmost respect - one moment of stupidity can result in this.

RIP

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Thats an awful video. The piccys of that cup are eye opening. How a car can just be destroyed like the way u crush a can in ur hand. My mate from blackburn knew this lad aswel, not very well but had met him a few times through a mate.

R.I.P. an next time i see a t**t overtake me im just gna sit there an think, dont wanna end up like u mate cause iv had SOO many close calls racing ppl. One of my mates brother died 2 years ago from racing, similar scenario as this, was overtaken and overtook again and swerved hit a car then a 10 foot brick wall. His car was like summat ud find at the crushers.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Very sad :(
The whole Coldplay part sent shivers through me - bigtime fan of Coldplay since "In My Place" was played at a mates funeral.

I can't stand people who think they are invincible on the public road - in any form of "having a laugh"

Teenage girl killed the other day close to home on our roads here :dapprove:

terrible, makes you think how many times you put yourself in danger every day...these cars we drive have to be treated with the utmost respect - one moment of stupidity can result in this.

RIP

+1

A very tragic accident, should be stickied tbh in the 'road driving stories'.

+1

Cupra
If I look back to how invincible I felt when I was younger, this really hammers it home that you are not!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for his family as theyre the ones he fucked up by driving like a c**k.

Just another boy racer driving for the moment and not thinking about the consequences.

172Petey

s**t, was he a member on here?

Really hits home when you see a car thats the same as you own, in such a tragic accident!