ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What happens when you race

Clio 182
Totally and utterly lost for words after watching that...
Your telling me , defo makes you think twice bout speeding !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was less to do with speeding and more to do with him acting like a complete and utter irresponsible idiot by racing into incoming traffic. No-one deserves to die like this... but he certainly didn't do himself any favours, and he doesn't particularly get my sympathy either. If you're going to do that sort of thing then you have to accept there may be grave consequences, whether you think about them at the time or not. It's lucky that no-one else such as an innocent passer-by or driver was killed either, because that would have been the biggest tragedy.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Speed doesn't kill.

Inappropriate speed can.

I feel so very sorry for Matthew's family, because it's something they should never have had to live through. Their son's inexperience has cost everyone who knew him dearly, and he lost his own life because of it. I don't believe it was his friend Steve's fault. The only person in control of Matthew's right foot was himself, and there is only him to blame.

However, if his story stops a few people from making the same mistake, I support its message fully.

B

Brown.

Looks like lift off over steer comming around a bend out of picture. police markings on road signify skid marks..... resulting in rear impact... most likely the sudden rear impact of the wall did the most damage, fatal whiplash or brain in contact with skull wall resulting in heart attack ?.... i have no remorse for the driver, but the family he has destroyed should not have to go through what there going through.... very lucky no one was on the pavement he mounted.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I'm sorry but part 2 has really pissed me off. The policeman is talking about cars bigger than 1400cc like they can't achieve high speeds. They bloody well can, but they lack the stopping power and extra stability technology that bigger-engined cars have!
And pointing out all those features of the Clio THAT ARE FACTORY STANDARD??? That copper is a patronising arsehole and it doesn't help the police/young driver relationship.
Grrrr, rant over.