ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What has half the power of the Audi and is orange??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
A orange focus ST. Lol.
Bought it last night as it was cheap and close. I'm not sure on the colour (haven't seen the car in daylight yet) but the car itself seems alright.

Proper slow tho :(
So.... Orange.... ;) will get some better picks when it's not pissing it down.

20130824_104348_zps582c4f3f.jpg

20130824_104402_zps9e6e7f33.jpg

Bit chav isn't it!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Wheres the RS6 gone?

I like this though! Is it an ST3?

Sold it yesterday.
Not 100% on it yet so not too sure about mods but it needs more power and some noise (f**king thing is like a 1.6 petrol unless you are flooring it)
Yeh it's an ST3, Couldn't get the st2 just because of the seats.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Exactly, cheap to run. Audi could have become very expensive. No denying the Audi was awesome but I just wanted to own one for a bit, was never going to keep it lol.

Evo 5 RS
Never been sold on these, and after taking a 5 door out on track that was the last time I'd look at them. Rents have a 57 plate zetec and I just cannot stand the interior in the Focus, and the ST doesn't do a lot to justify its badge in that department. Especially when you sit inside the ST220. They sound the part though.

Nice cars. Prefer the face lift myself but regardless, they are comfy cruisers, and the engine elevates them into a class of their own IMO. They're more than just a regular hot hatch.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Nice cars. Prefer the face lift myself but regardless, they are comfy cruisers, and the engine elevates them into a class of their own IMO. They're more than just a regular hot hatch.
I agree about the face lift but as this is to save money, spending another £4-5k would be silly.

No FRS tho. :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I always admire the asbo Sts :approve:

although there's a bell end near me with one who has removed the st badge from the rear and put a vinyl 'focus turbocharged' on the other side... No s**t. Totally unnecessary lol /rant

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
nice motor, though please change those orange ford badges, i think there is enough orange on show!
They are stickers, previous owner did it. Will come off when I actually get time.

been pricing up a few bits for it but unsure if I should. I know we won't keep it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
First journey out and we are being followed by another one FFS. I thought they were rarer than the other colours? Lol.
20130825_124305_zps393b1ef2.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ye as standard as quick as a lightly modded 172 with obviously more torque, gone after 100 though. I like them and will probably own one next, but the facelift version and not orange! :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really cool being a 5 door mate. Maybe detail it and you'll actually see the colour and how cool it suits properly cleaned Silver wheels.

At the moment it just looks like a dirty Orange Focus.

Nice cars though, they do a lot well hence being so popular. Colour has grown on me.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
f**k detailing it,unless you mean fairy washing up liquid and a sponge? I can do that..

I'm really starting to like the colour, when you can see the colour properly it is amazing.

£67 to fill up and 408 miles. Oooo oh yeh!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
f**k detailing it,unless you mean fairy washing up liquid and a sponge? I can do that..

I'm really starting to like the colour, when you can see the colour properly it is amazing.

Thats amazing mpg for that thing? Wonder if it will actually do 400 per tank, my clio costs that to fill and I'm lucky to get 350 thought these were worse, nice buy though. Defo worth putting some dosh into it, more boost makes them a lot better even a remap makes a huge difference, certainly not rs6 power though.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Thats amazing mpg for that thing? Wonder if it will actually do 400 per tank, my clio costs that to fill and I'm lucky to get 350 thought these were worse, nice buy though. Defo worth putting some dosh into it, more boost makes them a lot better even a remap makes a huge difference, certainly not rs6 power though.

Doubtful but tbh what ever it is, it will be massively better than the Audi or the RR which were both about £110-£120 returning 200-240 miles.

​Need to do some research on what exhaust/map to get.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

Bloke at work is doing 21mpg in his:S

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
nice motor, though please change those orange ford badges, i think there is enough orange on show!

You know! A real pet hate of mine... looks really chavvy.

Best colour :) (although I also like grey) but could never own a 5 door myself!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I agree, 3dr looks better but I don't think I'd look great trying to get the car seat in the back. Lol.

Stickers are now off!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Never sure why you'd buy something knowing you're not keeping it, granted its less likely to break than an old RS6 but still seems like you must be dropping money on each car... I love ASBO's, the other half would only have one if it was Grey or Blue though :(

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Never sure why you'd buy something knowing you're not keeping it, granted its less likely to break than an old RS6 but still seems like you must be dropping money on each car... I love ASBO's, the other half would only have one if it was Grey or Blue though :(

That's a pretty ridiculous statement. Why would you think he loses money on every car?! If anything, keeping cars a long time loses more money??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

That's how it's been since I was 18 lol.
I have lost a total of £750 (which in 5 cars in 8 months isnt bad and they havent been sensible purchases at all)since the beginning of the year on cars but I was about to lose f**k loads on the Audi haha.

if this breaks I can sort it for a whole lot less than the Audi.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That's a pretty ridiculous statement. Why would you think he loses money on every car?! If anything, keeping cars a long time loses more money??

My thoughts too. If you keep on changing cars then you'll incur minimal deprecation.

I am however the totally opposite, I've had the 172 for getting on 8 years now!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Buy from dealer, run a few months and part ex at dealers for next car. Do that a couple of times and even the wisest buyer will lose a few quid on each deal buying that way. With the RS6 no matter how cheap it was bought if you're asking £9k and getting offers of £5-6k that's quite a hit

£750 loss on those cars is pretty good going though, nowhere near as bad as I'd thought from reading some of your earlier posts!