ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What has half the power of the Audi and is orange??

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy from dealer, run a few months and part ex at dealers for next car. Do that a couple of times and even the wisest buyer will lose a few quid on each deal buying that way. With the RS6 no matter how cheap it was bought if you're asking £9k and getting offers of £5-6k that's quite a hit

£750 loss on those cars is pretty good going though, nowhere near as bad as I'd thought from reading some of your earlier posts!

People who change as regularly as me, rich etc, don't buy from dealers then px. That's fine for the average car buyer who keeps a car for 4 years but financial suicide for people like us!

I've had three this month alone! Lol.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
f**king ipad...
just crashed and lost everything I wrote.

Anyway, I agree 100% with Daniel but was very lucky with the range rover and the RS6. RR had no service history (did when I sold it) so I got it cheap from a dealer, RS6, fella bought it cheap from Audi so sold it on cheap for a quick sale. I bought it the day after he got it.
Normally I stay away from traders as there are always some dumb people (public) I can get a cheap car from.

Annoyingly I work for 11 dealerships and not once bought a car from any of them yet one of my lads bought a rav 4 from one £1200 under book. Lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at losing money! I've had 5 cars in 14 months. Keeping them any length of time (car dependent) would have lost money opposed to making me money.

Although your comment about dealers makes sense. I wouldn't have made any money if I had bought any cars from a dealer.

Maybe i've just been lucky.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cat back and remap ordered. Hmmm cutting the old exhaust isn't going to be fun.

And much easier to sell on. :) my full exhaust system is worth about half the price of the car!

S4 Avant
Buy sensibly and you can make money on buying and selling used cars privately.

Don't do what my mate did though, completely ignore my advice and spunk £18,000 on a brand new 1.9 diesel astra.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
what map did you go for? I have a revo its superb and a milltek turbo back with decat sounds nuts when you want it to.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Dreamscience ultra elite, 5 different maps I can have. :)

£350 for the exhaust and £295 for the map (I can sell it on afterwards)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Should have gone blue! Still will fit in well in Hemel ;)

0877688d.jpg

3236e8a0.jpg

Paint the grills mate looks so much better. What cat back did you order? I ran performance plus when i had the remap. Say good bye to the clutch! also on warm days you will be running about 210bhp even with a remap. The standard I/Cs are like the size of an oil cooler!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeh you're right Jon, I did make your car look awesome. Lol.
I've got a dreamscience cat back and a dreamscience elite map software coming with 5 different maps.

Looking into an intercooler as they aren't too expensive and as you say, should make a big difference. There were no cheap blue 5 door St's for sale near by on Friday night so had to get this one lol.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
you can pick up an airtec intercoolers fairly cheap second hand for STs mate. Also get a dreamscience induction kit, they flutter and sound emense wish id gone for one rather than the k&n. You around tonight? O and you made me polish it! and i painted the grills! You were slacking when it came to this car!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I am about tonight if you want to pop over but got a few things to do.

Trying to get ford to fit the exhaust for free because I can't be bothered lol.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
ill let you no. Yea its hassel fitting one without a ramp. what tips did you get?