ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you bought, 200 Cup or FF?

What have you bought/ordered,

• 200 Cup

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • 200 FF

Votes: 75 68.2%

• Total voters
  Clio III RS 200
Ultra red FF with cup pack. In croatia there is only the FF version (no cup/light version like you have in the UK and no luxe or similar version like in some other markets). Still, I would go for full equipment + cup suspension even if we had more choice, as I like to have the best of both worlds :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
FF means cup packed on 182s, so what does it mean on 200s?

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Mine's a Cup.... Though I have to say I added Air Con (along with mettalic black and Recaros) :eek:

rs clio 200
does any one know if you can have them fitted at a later date?, as i haven't ordered them, couldn't afford it at the time

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I drove examples with and without the Recaros, it was a no brainer for me. I must admit I do get in and out carefully though after the stories on here about excessive wear :eek:

STEALTH RAIDER
Ive ordered a FF with no cup pack, albi blue, speedlines, cornering lights, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, full rear tints and carbon trim.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Which leads me to ask the question, how much of a weight saving are the Recaros over the std seats? Can't find that info anywhere :(

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
That's massive (in terms of weight savings)! I know the Air Con adds approx 20kg, but I couldn't live without it :)

STEALTH RAIDER
That's massive (in terms of weight savings)! I know the Air Con adds approx 20kg, but I couldn't live without it :)

The main weight saving is the lightweight dash, recaros, aircon and a few electronic features like c/c, auto lights, wipers etc. 36 kilos in total

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I felt slightly cheapened by the non electric wing mirrors, they have to save some of the weight for something that you only adjust once in a blue moon
:approve:

STEALTH RAIDER
I felt slightly cheapened by the non electric wing mirrors, they have to save some of the weight for something that you only adjust once in a blue moon
:approve:

To be honest the cup and the FF have 36 kilo difference if the cup is ticked with the recaros and the aircon is binned. Get a heavy person in the cup, the weight is then the same, lol. I cant see everyone buying a cup using it for track days. But the cabin noise of the cup makes you more alert

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I thought the 1204kg weight is without the Recaro option ticked?

Like you say half a tank of fuel or a heavy person can easily make that difference.

STEALTH RAIDER
I thought the 1204kg weight is without the Recaro option ticked?

Like you say half a tank of fuel or a heavy person can easily make that difference.

The tests ive watched in the cup with recaros have said its 159bhp per tonne which it claims, unless the recaros dont really add a lot of performance onto it. If the figures didnt include the recaros, they could of then said 160bhp per tonne, lol :)

STEALTH RAIDER
Wow i was wondering if this was the case. So i got £2k worth of seats for £800 not such a bad option :D

Paul

Seems that way, thing is ive seen these in the flesh and the materials used look and feel superb. Quite a difference from the factory fitted recaros. Only reason i didnt opt for the factory ones were because of the yellow spots. Couldnt live with then being inside a blue car

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Cup =1204kg (possibly without the 10kg from Recaros) lol
200PS, 197bhp

Therefore 197/1204 = 164hp/Tonne

If Recaros are more weight saving of 10kg.....

197/1194 = 165hp/Tonne

That 1hp/Tonne makes all the difference :D:D

GTD, Lupo
Cup =1204kg (possibly without the 10kg from Recaros) lol
200PS, 197bhp

Therefore 197/1204 = 164hp/Tonne

If Recaros are more weight saving of 10kg.....

197/1194 = 165hp/Tonne

That 1hp/Tonne makes all the difference :D:D

You will be very luckif they make 197 bhp :D

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Mmm wonder if anyone has RR the revised 200 engine on the same day a 197 has run, would be a good comparison?

Clio III RS 200
Seems that way, thing is ive seen these in the flesh and the materials used look and feel superb. Quite a difference from the factory fitted recaros. Only reason i didnt opt for the factory ones were because of the yellow spots. Couldnt live with then being inside a blue car

Yellow spots made me not choose the Recaros too.. I would like to have leather Recaros like in the new Megane RS 250 or something like that as they seem much better quality than the standard cloth seats.

For all the aftermarket seat changes: I know a lot of people who sold standard 197 seats to regular Clio III owners and then bought Recaros from people who needed some extra money or crashed their r27s or r26s... Some of them paid less extra money than the option costs in Renault.