ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you declared? [Insurance]

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Just want to know if you have actually declared every last thing concerning your insurance. Do they really need to know about everything?

Currently got 172 alloys on a non rs. Going to declare them but will cost me £88 excess :(

Also got aftermarket rear lights and about to install ph1 172 front lights.
Do I really need to declare the lights?

Adding a cup spoiler once NathJ has finished painting it for me. Declare that as well?

In the drop down menu (Insured with eCar insurance) it has all of the above. For the rear lights, front lights and alloys it will cost me £168 to declare them :S

BMW E92/Audi S3
Turbo declared, wheels declared, suspension declared, new shoes (Base London) not declared.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Even if mine whernt declared why would I say they whernt on a public forum lol

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Just done it now. Declared both front and back lights. Declared alloys. Declared spoiler...which is coming soon. And also declared that I added fog lights.

Total £161...no idea why it went down with spoiler and fog lights added. lol.

Peace of mind :)

BMW M135i
Everything, otherwise whats the point of paying it in the first place if you won't be covered in an accident.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Non Elf oil, Optimax petrol, non french air in my tyres, magic tree....

you get the idea

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I declared absolutely everything. Even down to the silvervisions...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Aledgedly Didnt declare any of mine...however i only had read/head lights, dynamique spoiler and ph1 oz alloys.

Although i told my insurance broker i was putting renault alloys on and he said it was fine.

There's no point paying for insurance which you're just going to void immediatley. Well done for declaring them :approve:

I'll be 21 when I buy my 182. And maybe 21 if i start modding but I may want to run everything stock for a while. Mostly be stripping out, coilovers and brakes, so nothing to enhance performance power wise.

Did anybody do the same when they were my age and roughly how much did it cost you extra to declare the mods?

Nissan 350z
I tried to declare my mods with Flux on my old "Ph1 Si" but they said as long as they were Renault approved parts on a Renault car they didnt really care (172 alloys, 172 headlights).

Ph2 172 Cup
Everything!

Even down to tyres (888's), but then they are ditch finders ;)

My battery ive just relocated thats insured, stripped out rear, that aswell.

You get the idea :)

I've been wondering about R888's (haven't got them yet, but intend to). These are road legal tyres so resumably they can't specifically discriminate against R888s versus all the other non-maunfacturers fit tyres that you could have on.

Not that I really care - I'm old and my insurance is cheap!