ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

CursedTitanium 182FF
It's from Back to the Future 2
Goldie_Wilson_III.png

PH2 172
Absolutely blitzed the clio today, washed,rinsed de-tarred, clayed, washed, SRP, polished, waxed n sealed :) shampooed all the interior fabrics, basically gutted it, took me about 5hrs, but was definitely worth it, gonna try keep it clean at work next week, if that's even possible :/

PH2 172
Its also had some new rockers, lifters and belt tensioner done on Friday, but its still making a bit of noise every now n then so it'll be going back soon (n)

Been asked to port a R5GTT head so I was sent a scrap head, inlet and exhaust manifold for me to cut up and port.

this is what it looks like inside.

2D504DDB-3190-4CCC-A340-460491BBF2EA_zpsovnvuwpa.jpg

6FA078AE-5365-4041-8DFC-862CB90C83F0_zpspzhfqvgv.jpg

6518F61B-50D8-4A8A-882A-38F285BF79C9_zpsur6htdaj.jpg

F211FA76-96A3-4242-8778-4E12E1DC8D2A_zpsjhkvwmzh.jpg

A0A15163-1317-41C9-94D8-74EFECEFE50A_zpscsjlbri2.jpg

99B3CCAD-244B-4FF3-9D81-B6242545E924_zpstdnz71r4.jpg

Looking good ALD !! Very interesting to see the head like that. Can't wait to see what you do with this and hear your thoughts on the gtt head.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
New front pads, my DS2500 have worn down after 30k miles odd, great pads.

Fancied a change so have put on some Pagid Blues

2yryvuvu.jpg

Then did the pollen filter... Don't think it's ever been changed, nasty!

my8yve5u.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Booked it in for it's MOT on Monday. :cool:
Be the 1st time I've driven it in 9 months.

2yryvuvu.jpg

my8yve5u.jpg
Lol.. £130 pads, over a grand on an rs2 but never had an £8 pollen filter.. Gotta love cs!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Lol.. £130 pads, over a grand on an rs2 but never had an £8 pollen filter.. Gotta love cs!

Meh, doesn't help it go faster, stop or cause running issues, as gets driven once or twice a month tops.

Don't use air con / heaters either, it has windows to put down when hot and is parked in a garage when cold.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey, Can you Pm me or just say here how you replaced the pollen filter? Cant seem to find an entry to where it is :/

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
-J- had chance to try the new pads yet? If so how do you rate them and is there any squealing?

Not tried them in anger yet, just done a bit of a bedding in drive, so far so good, seem to pull up well, bit more confidence inspiring than the DS2500's but won't know for a week or two how good they are.

Not a hint of squeal so far, that said my DS's never squealed either.

Clio 182 FF
Nice weather so finally got my Brembo HC and the Carbon Lorraine's fitted up front. Standard pads I was replacing had indeed been Cooked up Curborough, so much so that pad material had come away from the backing on one pad! Haha. The CL's though, omfg. Clunk clunk squeel squeel STOP STOP STOP. Probably the best way to describe them! Unbelievable.

Clio 172/Lotus Elise
Nice weather so finally got my Brembo HC and the Carbon Lorraine's fitted up front. Standard pads I was replacing had indeed been Cooked up Curborough, so much so that pad material had come away from the backing on one pad! Haha. The CL's though, omfg. Clunk clunk squeel squeel STOP STOP STOP. Probably the best way to describe them! Unbelievable.

Keep an eye on the CL's when left out side pad material has been known to come away from backing plate. Brakes sticking after rain can cause this.
Tend a to happen when pads get under 50%

2002 clio 172
Gave it a good clean before it heads off to see Fred at BTM on Tuesday for a cambelt, dephaser and gearbox oil change.

imagejpg3_zps1da94e14.jpg.html]
imagejpg3_zps1da94e14.jpg
[/URL]

media/imagejpg1_zps51076aba.jpg.html]
imagejpg1_zps51076aba.jpg
[/URL]

Amazing! Nicest Clio I've seen.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
bought a can of tyreweld and put the spare wheel in the garage.

What was your reason for doing this? Just curious as I keep contemplating it!

For my car today I went to the breakers and got 2 door handles the silver and black kind to replace mine, will look alot better than the boring black plastic! I also got a clio boot net for a quid from the breaker! And some Citroen Xsara washer jets which I've worked out how to modify to fit onto the mk3 clio. Will hopefully work much better as mist jets, if it does ill make a guide!

PH2 172
What was your reason for doing this? Just curious as I keep contemplating it!

For my car today I went to the breakers and got 2 door handles the silver and black kind to replace mine, will look alot better than the boring black plastic! I also got a clio boot net for a quid from the breaker! And some Citroen Xsara washer jets which I've worked out how to modify to fit onto the mk3 clio. Will hopefully work much better as mist jets, if it does ill make a guide!

Same thinking as Renaults`s with 182 Cup,looses weight,about 15kg I think,and the jack rattled about over speed humps.
I also polybushed the trailing beam axle,as the old ones were shot,and replaced the rear shox with some specifically made for lower springs.This has got rid of some niggling minor knocks that have been bugging me for month`s.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Same thinking as Renaults`s with 182 Cup,looses weight,about 15kg I think,and the jack rattled about over speed humps.
I also polybushed the trailing beam axle,as the old ones were shot,and replaced the rear shox with some specifically made for lower springs.This has got rid of some niggling minor knocks that have been bugging me for month`s.

Ah I keep thinking of doing it, only got a 1.2 but I think its pretty nippy round town but think every little weight helps! Plus in a mk3 it's on some stupid wire mounting under the car, which is impossible to lower the spare wheel without 400 hands and even harder to get the wheel back without 400 hands and a trolley jack! Not sure if it'd make much difference but can't see myself using it and think every little bit of weight helps!

Stupidly started a very long boring road.

u8asaqeb.jpg

Think I'm just going to leave it here for today and finish it off when I've got some paint.

Also fitted new osram xenons/hids. The bulbs in there from previous owner(s) were 4 different manufacturers! Sadly just noticed one of the sidelights has now gone too. Just my luck!

Also put poweflex rear strut tops on after a spot of drunken beating last weekend and then set about removing the crap old number plates with wonderfully rusted screw heads. 1 sheered off but the other three out with mole grips.

Fitted xsara washer jets but they don't work. Great!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Stupidly started a very long boring road.

u8asaqeb.jpg

Think I'm just going to leave it here for today and finish it off when I've got some paint.

Also fitted new osram xenons/hids. The bulbs in there from previous owner(s) were 4 different manufacturers! Sadly just noticed one of the sidelights has now gone too. Just my luck!

Also put poweflex rear strut tops on after a spot of drunken beating last weekend and then set about removing the crap old number plates with wonderfully rusted screw heads. 1 sheered off but the other three out with mole grips.

Fitted xsara washer jets but they don't work. Great!

What doesn't work about them? Not fitted mine just yet :(

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I'm sure yours will work bud. Got mine off eBay. There's no reason they shouldn't work, mine are just duds.

Ah I got mine off a Citroen Xsara for a quid at the breakers, saw them work on the car before hand wasn't sure if it didn't work cos of the clio! I assume you're getting a refund on ebay? Gotta go to the breakers again soon anyway probably, can pick you up a couple of mist washer jets of one of their other Xsaras and post it to you for the quid they cost + whatever the postage would cost me if you want :)