ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I got hands on a Scenic shifter, in which I also mounted the yanoo Stiff shift 3.0 kit.
One of the best mods you cand do to your linkage.
I dare to say that it's quite close to the PMS kit in feel (driven a car with that installed also), and the gear knob is definitely higher and closer to the wheel. Gear throw is the same as before :)
Definitelly recommend this to be done on ANY car tbh.
Yanoo also a top bloke- sent the package quickly and with plenty of info regarding install :)
Pics: WhatsApp Image 2020-12-16 at 15.41.07 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-16 at 15.41.07.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-16 at 15.41.08.jpeg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Sold my standard BG 172 (cheap) today. Was a great little car and still rust free (original paint) low owners and I’d just done the belts, dephaser, water pump, aux belt and tensioner, shocks etc. Never so much as seen a lowering spring, silver bulb or a fandango air filter in all it’s 17 years! Shame the chap that bought it is going to do all that now though (which seems a shame as it’s never been modded)

Instead, I now only have my slightly knackered 172 that has lead the opposite life!

What’s interesting is driving the two back to back. It does show how two similar cars can feel so different. My silver 172 has done 15k less miles yet it feels 100k more tired! You see the oil leak and gearbox leak (the BG’s original gearbox seal was only just sweating & never near dripping) on the silver car, drive it and feel the floppy gearstick & it feels nowhere near as tight/nice to drive. You can certainly see/feel the difference it makes on who’s owned a car!

#regret

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sold my standard BG 172 (cheap) today. Was a great little car and still rust free (original paint) low owners and I’d just done the belts, dephaser, water pump, aux belt and tensioner, shocks etc. Never so much as seen a lowering spring, silver bulb or a fandango air filter in all it’s 17 years! Shame the chap that bought it is going to do all that now though (which seems a shame as it’s never been modded)

Instead, I now only have my slightly knackered 172 that has lead the opposite life!

What’s interesting is driving the two back to back. It does show how two similar cars can feel so different. My silver 172 has done 15k less miles yet it feels 100k more tired! You see the oil leak and gearbox leak (the BG’s original gearbox seal was only just sweating & never near dripping) on the silver car, drive it and feel the floppy gearstick & it feels nowhere near as tight/nice to drive. You can certainly see/feel the difference it makes on who’s owned a car!

#regret

That is a shame. How come you have sold it?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
That is a shame. How come you have sold it?

I’d ended up with two of them. I wanted to start track driving and thought about prepping the BG one but I just felt bad as it was such a nice original car. It’s never been subjected to one aftermarket mod, I bought it off a guy that was proper anal about it being stock about 8/9 years ago maybe. Then an iceberg one came up on FB which had already been modded a bit so bought that thinking I’ll just track that and sell BG one instead.

I couldn’t bring myself to sell the std one at first but thought I better as it hadn’t moved for a couple months. A guy I work with wanted one and I said he could have it for £1500 mates rates (to which he snapped my arm off) I reckon I’ve done a grand on parts this year just doing belts, brakes, suspension refresh etc.

Now I’ve gotta do it all again on the iceberg one. Cant even tell you how bad it drives compared to the std one.

I think he’s crazy to mod it as it just drives so sweet but out of my hands now. Just feels a bit sad considering it’s made it 17 years without so much as a silver bulb & now it’s getting the full works... lowering, spacers, LED’s etc :(

I’ve started de-chaving the iceberg one but I think regret will be the word I think of next year.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I got hands on a Scenic shifter, in which I also mounted the yanoo Stiff shift 3.0 kit.
One of the best mods you cand do to your linkage.
I dare to say that it's quite close to the PMS kit in feel (driven a car with that installed also), and the gear knob is definitely higher and closer to the wheel. Gear throw is the same as before :)
Definitelly recommend this to be done on ANY car tbh.
Yanoo also a top bloke- sent the package quickly and with plenty of info regarding install :)
Pics:View attachment 1510851View attachment 1510852View attachment 1510853
How much is the yanoo bits ?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Gave it a wash and brought it out into daylight for the first time in a billion years
38E3A86C-7D1B-48C2-B489-AD5AD0563898.jpeg

Inferno 225 cup
Yesterday replaced the Number plate light connectors as they had corroded, the wires touched as I tested them and it blew the fuse to rear drivers light, absolutely pita to do, had to remove battery, battery tray, ecu, numerous clips, a plastic cover and turn upside the the fuse box unit.

New connectors on, new light units, heat shrunk the cables to prevent any further corrosion.

Old plates off, removed all the old shitty sticky foam pads, with blisters all over my fingers ffs.

Worth it though to have nice new lights and number plates fitted.

26dfe1b55101a837935487dd9176e89c.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yesterday replaced the Number plate light connectors as they had corroded, the wires touched as I tested them and it blew the fuse to rear drivers light, absolutely pita to do, had to remove battery, battery tray, ecu, numerous clips, a plastic cover and turn upside the the fuse box unit.

New connectors on, new light units, heat shrunk the cables to prevent any further corrosion.

Old plates off, removed all the old shitty sticky foam pads, with blisters all over my fingers ffs.

Worth it though to have nice new lights and number plates fitted.

View attachment 1513617
Looking good from the rear. The plates look like 3d or 4d, I've heard they are looking to make them illegal, which is a pain in the butt as I have just got some for my 182...

Inferno 225 cup
Looking good from the rear. The plates look like 3d or 4d, I've heard they are looking to make them illegal, which is a pain in the butt as I have just got some for my 182...

3d laser cut plates made legit from diamond-plates.co.uk

From how little it gets driven mate I’m not that bothered if they’re going to make them illegal.

Inferno 225 cup

From how little it gets driven mate I’m not that bothered if they’re going to make them illegal.

Reactions: Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I got mine and are legal too...but just annoying how they are looking to make this law change but not advertise it so people are buying them without knowing. Here is how mine looks. I love it, but, like you, it isnt my only/main car...but I'll probably have to remove for the MOT!

Attachments

• 20201107_130405.jpg
    20201107_130405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Had my Clio 200 Speedlines powder coated red.....

Attachments

• 39E35C27-7E76-4E78-BCE2-0DF51BEDCF96.jpeg
    39E35C27-7E76-4E78-BCE2-0DF51BEDCF96.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 63

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Nothing...yet, but I've had a few deliveries. Wishbones, track rod ends and inner tie rods, inner and outer powerflex arb bushes and braided front brake lines. Oh not forgetting the tie rod removal tool, just need some nicer weather!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Look at it from the garage door and think to myself “it’s too cold to work on you today”. Closed the door and went back inside.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the same thing, quick check over for MOT tomorrow morning, bloody windscreen washers wouldn't work!? Of all the times..

Ice everywhere, tools started freezing, at least my beer stayed cold while working in the darkness to swap the pumps!

20210124_175648.jpg

20210124_174321.jpg

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Speaking of washers! I tackled my disgusting washer bottle today!! I think I may have traced the origins of Covid!!
About a litre of bleach, a dishwasher tablet, vanish oxyaction and about 6 hours had it just about presentable again! Hooray to no legionaries disease from washing my windows from now on!
View attachment 1517599View attachment 1517600View attachment 1517601View attachment 1517602

I badly need to do mine at some point! The pump for the front binned it so I swapped the pipes from front to back but it’s a pain in the arse having to squirt the back to make the front go. The wiper arms are totally seized on so it’s a job that keeps getting shoved back

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I badly need to do mine at some point! The pump for the front binned it so I swapped the pipes from front to back but it’s a pain in the arse having to squirt the back to make the front go. The wiper arms are totally seized on so it’s a job that keeps getting shoved back
Just need to shave the rubber down on the internal valve. It's stuck in the position for what would normally be the rear washer.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking of washers! I tackled my disgusting washer bottle today!! I think I may have traced the origins of Covid!!
About a litre of bleach, a dishwasher tablet, vanish oxyaction and about 6 hours had it just about presentable again! Hooray to no legionaries disease from washing my windows from now on!
View attachment 1517599View attachment 1517600View attachment 1517601View attachment 1517602
I stick some rice in mine with a bit of warm soapy water. Give it a good shake and it comes up like new. The first time i cleaned it it was green. Do the same with my coolant reservoir.

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Replaced the old worn top mount bearings and the PMS rear shims today.Also inspected the b14 still working fine but looks damp dirty tho

Attachments

• 20210117_100352.jpg
    20210117_100352.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 20210126_114601.jpg
    20210126_114601.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 20210126_114345.jpg
    20210126_114345.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Today was a good day.
Left it neglected for over 2 years in a sorry state with multicoloured panels.
So a friend kicked my a##e into gear to get her back to how she was. The mountain of new parts I've been collecting were all fitted aswell.

This year might just be the year where I do more than a couple of hundred miles 🙃

Attachments

• 20210130_142957.jpg
    20210130_142957.jpg
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210130_142752.jpg
    20210130_142752.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210130_142813.jpg
    20210130_142813.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20200718-094301_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20200718-094301_Snapchat.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Bit of a front end refresh.....not today!

Attachments

• 20210130_152129.jpg
    20210130_152129.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 56

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Fitted a gas bonnet strut to my 200.....

Attachments

• 29B3B9D9-2AB4-4E43-A738-6BD9BF6ACFF0.jpeg
    29B3B9D9-2AB4-4E43-A738-6BD9BF6ACFF0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 8D9BC230-FC90-4CB9-BF92-2703F49C2CE0.jpeg
    8D9BC230-FC90-4CB9-BF92-2703F49C2CE0.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 65

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Started it after a few weeks sat idle, started on the first turn which is a result! Stereo aux is the drain problem for certain. Then sat in it with new batteries in the debobbler doing some more Alcantara debobbling, slow process but they come up great. Just need the snow to go away to get the new wishbones, inner tie rods and rod ends on along with a few powerflex bushes. Roll on spring!

Reactions: MLB

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Replaced a track rod end and rod today. Fun and games as usual.. the track rod end was seized on the rod so had to hacksaw the rod to get my new remover tool on. I must say it's a real treat to use and made the job a doddle. I did struggle to get the new boot on the rack but i got so peed off I just pulled it open and over in the end. Wish I did it like that first. Then tracked it up with my trackrite tool and went for some petrol. What a difference it made to how I felt. The old rod was baggier than a wizard's sleeve so no wonder.