ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

SQ5
Test fitted the new wheels :D

17843265633_560c00d429_b.jpg
IMAG0208 by dann2707, on Flickr

18277293719_2f5f5d9009_b.jpg
IMAG0215 by dann2707, on Flickr

You seem to have forgotten to buy masking tape

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Fitted my alpine head unit.
IMG_20150605_151805.jpg

Removed passenger seat to remove the standard disc changer, and fitted a 2 channel amp in its place to power the front kicker impulse speakers. Had to clean that mess up first though!
IMG_20150605_141754.jpg

Fitted my mats.
IMG_20150605_152551.jpg

Fitted a "ktec style" filter. Sounds fuckin nuts lol

IMG_20150605_132520.jpg

The whole thing needs a decent clean now, its filthy!

Reactions: Gus

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just need to tidy up that bay now James :wink:
I know mate its awful. The rest of the car is just as bad. The previous owner had it for ten years, and it must of been parked in a field for the last 5 years of their ownership lol. There's all green moss in the boot shut, and its covered in weird black spots all over that nothing chemical wise removes.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Fitted my alpine head unit.
View attachment 128989
Removed passenger seat to remove the standard disc changer, and fitted a 2 channel amp in its place to power the front kicker impulse speakers. Had to clean that mess up first though!
View attachment 128990
Fitted my mats.
View attachment 128992
Fitted a "ktec style" filter. Sounds fuckin nuts lol

View attachment 128991

The whole thing needs a decent clean now, its filthy!
Really nice stuff there.
The induction kit sounds fantastic doesnt it.
You can run the cables under the plastic trim to the left of the seat.
Oh ...and did you have fun running the power cable to the battery , absolutely hate doing that.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Really nice stuff there.
The induction kit sounds fantastic doesnt it.
You can run the cables under the plastic trim to the left of the seat.
Oh ...and did you have fun running the power cable to the battery , absolutely hate doing that.

Yeah all cables are under the trim now mate. I've cheated slightly with the power cable though. It goes to a spare slot in the fuse box in the dash.

Will run a proper cable to the battery when I swap the amp for a more powerful 4 channel one. I want a small sub running too. Take it that's a pain in the arse?

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I know mate its awful. The rest of the car is just as bad. The previous owner had it for ten years, and it must of been parked in a field for the last 5 years of their ownership lol. There's all green moss in the boot shut, and its covered in weird black spots all over that nothing chemical wise removes.

The little black dots are probably sap mate, absolute terror to get rid of but it will make the world of difference. I actually used TFR which I might get shot for but it worked and it looks the nuts now

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Lowered the drivers seat, adjusted the gearstick back so 3rd and 5th aren't such a long reach, fitted new handbrake cables, discovered I need a new NSR caliper :( and cleaned the drivers seat belt.
F822878A-F003-427D-9BCB-AF572249D53D_zpslxmp1plg.jpg

Just need to do the other side now!

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted new rear discs and pads. No pictures though as I wanted to get it done. Hopefully will sort out the awful humming noise of what I thought was a rear wheel bearing.

Tomorrow is to change the spark plugs and put the new painted inlet on to tidy the engine bay up

vectra+clio172 cup
Had an annoying metal on metal sound on moving off and had a hint it was the passenger side mount.
Lifted the battery and yo ho the bolts where needing tightened, as they were not tight at all and hey presto it's sorted.
Also had drivers seat belt which kept locking and eventually it wouldn't come out at all. Had to take the whole thing out and work on it. Very interesting system in the mechanism. Jiggled about with the ball bearing and sorted. Also ordered a spare belt mechanism from renbreakers for £9.23 delivered!! Cheap as chips, just in case I haven't really fixed it.

I fitted a new gear linkage seal, aero catches to my boot lid, new towstrap on the rear & fitted a pms gear shifter kit too

vectra+clio172 cup
Oh, and during the week resprayed the wheels ford graphite grey. Pretty pleased and much better than the white the previous owner did them. Nightmare to keep clean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
Anyone with a high spec engine but still on standard inlet wth dyno sheet that might want to try out the above manifold when done?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Had rear brake discs and pads fitted earlier in this thread ready for MOT tomorrow....fingers crossed straight through.:cool: