ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Turned the car back into a 3 cylinder. I hear running fewer cylinders helps emissions........

So this afternoons job is to fix it. I thought it was solved the other week when I replaced an injector

Washed it and photographed it for the first time in my short ownership. :)

25405794460_dffba890b4_b.jpg
11-03-16 010 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

25706570205_713659aa46_b.jpg
11-03-16 008 by AcidicDavey, on Flickr

clio 172
started to strip my knackered engine out:

Air box out
Inlet manifold off
Coil pack off
Drivers side engine mount off
Struts off
Driveshafts off
Engine and gearbox oil drained
Bumper off
Headlights off
Exhaust manifold off

Next up is ecu, slam panel and radiator, clutch cable and gear linkage, various sensors then ready to lift out, I think.

Does anyone reading this know if I need to fully remove the exhaust manifold? I've loosened it off the engine side and was hoping I could wiggle it off as I lift the engine but I'm thinking a bit different now. I suspect I'm gonna have to take it out?

Black 182 FF
Got it back after a week of it being away having a new back bumper fitted (light rear end, which only caused a small crease on the bumper - insurance insisted on new bumper = result).
Fitted a new high level brake light as it would have failed it on it's test a week and a half ago (although he did cover it and put it through).
Drove it for the first time in ages
Got annoyed which how many small scuffs are on the driverside rear quarter

Megane 225 f1
Not today but yesturday treated the megane to, New rear discs and pads, braided hoses all round, brake fluid change using ATE gold. New track rods and ends. New top engine mount. Still got to do oil and filter, cambelt and aux belt, water pump, thermostat and coolant change!

RS182 Full Fat
angrily turfed out most of the interior trim so that i could fish out every last screw, pen, nail, tooth pic, bolt, lighter and other cra* that was rattling around like an absolute mutha *ucker !!!.. and driving me crazy for fkin months. Put it all back together again. Best mod ever!.. free ! and weight saving :smile:

clio 182
started to strip my knackered engine out:

Air box out
Inlet manifold off
Coil pack off
Drivers side engine mount off
Struts off
Driveshafts off
Engine and gearbox oil drained
Bumper off
Headlights off
Exhaust manifold off

Next up is ecu, slam panel and radiator, clutch cable and gear linkage, various sensors then ready to lift out, I think.

Does anyone reading this know if I need to fully remove the exhaust manifold? I've loosened it off the engine side and was hoping I could wiggle it off as I lift the engine but I'm thinking a bit different now. I suspect I'm gonna have to take it out?
I've bought a replacement engine for my 182 and the guy I bought it off said manifold will have to come off,along with radiator and air con pump.

clio 182
Cheers mate, thought as much just nice to know for certain.

What happened to your engine?
It rattles really bad but not a dephaser problem,worn cams we think even though it drives ok. It's done 86000 miles. Timing belt needs doing this year so I bit the bullet and bought a replacement for £300 62000 miles.

clio 172
It rattles really bad but not a dephaser problem,worn cams we think even though it drives ok. It's done 86000 miles. Timing belt needs doing this year so I bit the bullet and bought a replacement for £300 62000 miles.

Ah right. With engines being so cheap it makes sense to do it! I'm now at the point where I will buy the cheapest engine I can find (the one I'm getting is £100, no history and belts probs due) throw it in the car on a Saturday and wait till it blows up and repeat! If my car was a mint trophy or phase 1 I'd care a bit more but a silver ph2 isn't exactly special. May as well treat it like the slag it is.

clio 182
Ah right. With engines being so cheap it makes sense to do it! I'm now at the point where I will buy the cheapest engine I can find (the one I'm getting is £100, no history and belts probs due) throw it in the car on a Saturday and wait till it blows up and repeat! If my car was a mint trophy or phase 1 I'd care a bit more but a silver ph2 isn't exactly special. May as well treat it like the slag it is.
Yea mate totally agree there a car to be driven,only had mine 12 months so hopefully this engine will last a year or two

Well, yesterday I picked my car up after having my alloys sprayed anthracite grey and today I'm having KTR cat back system fitted with KTR Sports cat and a subtle extra of KTR sticker on the back :D

Clio 182 FF
Finally got round to sorting my non-working washers. Wipers off, scuttle off, linkage off, bottle out, cylinder found, rubber trimmed and reverse. Job done, now all working :)

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Today has been a day of head clearing...
I had some s**t happen a fortnight ago, and I've got another week till I can actually start getting over it. So today I've had a day off just to clean my car, clear my head and get some me time!!

Not the best job, and I know it needs more, but this is how it started ::
71ff5ff8419be65c42075c97ea9065c4.jpg
16d0b194a8932e31733094d2712da1f0.jpg
6f5bb991ce6509501082cd17c76b4dd8.jpg
cce75d7cb1415c894238cddce58751be.jpg

And after 8 hours it rolled back out like this::

b9b787c8b6f5b9a06a8ad011601d0ec3.jpg
296d8c1c7040146b6a0a0c31a34e8aa4.jpg
32c2ea1e9e09d5844c00d32cb4156d42.jpg
8874a47e93badd285aeb4614b42364fa.jpg
d850a35df3ead0c575171ebc171498c4.jpg
dd995a285b8aa96d760690b7a22e24b9.jpg
77ba3eb4d2f815f8f3329eb1e754b4d7.jpg
6a3476c3564ef29db88253ea1fca9cb1.jpg
5740cde34c51a90f8535b4cf7f511628.jpg

I'm happy... Would have rather hada few more hours but was in a mates unit and they wanted to close up....

Thanks @imprezaworks for the wax samples, as mentioned earlier I used the bed batch22 one... Interested to know a little more about it to be fair

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I've been commuting in the 200 the last couple of days, absolutely brilliant to have it fully back on song and the new rubber is just superb (pilot sport cup 2's). I'd almost forgotten what an absolute monster this thing is on the road, people just don't expect M3 pace from a little hot hatch, and the cornering.... oh yeah. Great fun.

Today is going to be a bit more sticker removal to get it looking as "clean" as possible, then a good wash to.... er.... get it as clean as possible ;)

Clio 172 phase 1
Today I got the body repaired and primed, and bumpers and inside bonnet painted in new colour but the phone doesn't do clout justice

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 83

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Was yesterday, but gave the Cup/shed a wash,polish and wax. Looks much better in the pics than in reality, I don't think it's been a loved car with any of it's previous owners bless it.
And yes I know the wheels and exhaust aren't clean, alloys are too far gone to care about cleaning and the exhaust is getting binned off for a Ktec stealth backbox and a centre section with a decent sized silencer that me and my mate will be knocking together.
20160319_135803.jpg
20160319_135712.jpg
20160319_135731.jpg