ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

SQ5
Wheres it gone? mines sitting in the same place as it does every day, parked atrociously across my drive.

One day we should fit my whiteline ARB on your car Danny, i think it would finish your car off handling wise :)

It's in the garage, I'd love one as I think would compliment the near standard setup I have.

Inferno 225 cup
Fitted dark anthracite mirror caps, ready for a colour match for me wheels to be powder coated :)
6ary6e2a.jpg

Fitted a skoda splitter to replace my cup one that a bird took out. Totally glad I didn't fork out for the £100+ cup one. Looks about the same. Took a bit of fiddling to get it straight all the way round. I put in a few stainless screws just in case :)

Ph2 Flamer
new grooved brembos on the front and put some painted carriers on. The painted callipers go on tomorrow when i've got time to bleed the brakes and put new braided lines on (and sort out the rear discs)

Ph2 Flamer
Ooo nice - looks like a tidy bit of kit that pms exhaust. You got their top mounts and strutbrace too?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ye been out like a week, got a tad carried away. Always hated the droan of my ktec so cured it with this!

What you trying to say? That you didn't like the constant ferry like noise, at least they fit well lol. Look forward to seeing the vids

Clio 182
Got the 182 through it's MOT with only an advisor for wear on one tyre (which I already knew about) - get in!

EDIT: this includes having the light washers deleted and currently blanked with electrical tape!

Last edited:
Got my bonnet catch replaced at Jaybee in Banbury this morning after recieving a recall letter earlier in the week.

postman has dropped off my powerflex dogbone kit (no sign of my vibra technics mounts yet)
Also just ordered brembo hc front discs, ferodo ds2500 and rear oem pads.

Ph2 Flamer
New rear discs, changed front callipers over for painted ones and replaced the drivers side drive shaft (much swearing). Tried to adjust the handbrake cable but the 4th and final screw on the heat shield dthing rounded off so thats that fucked. Oh and sprayed copper grease all over the disc faces to make them look nice too.

Carefully drilled the plug in the drivers door to feed in the new speaker cable. Passengers side tomorrow if the rain stays off. Then start chopping up the doors to fit the speakers in

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Failed to make cruise control work.

Broke my Traction Control causing me to leave to large black lines outside Mick's workshop, I then fixed TC by plugging it back in.

I also plugged my airbag back in to fix the light being on...

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Just had another go at restoring headlights! Turned out well!
Washed them down, used 1000 wet+dry them 1200 and finished with 1500. Washing each time and making sure the paper was always wet.. Them used mags scratchX 2.0 and them super polish resin. Cleaned them down and repeated the process (abit more thoroughly) of scratchX and polish. Took me about 2 hours all today :) really pleased!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368973847.841323.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368973858.174321.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368973868.987000.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368973877.547313.jpg
Have no before pictures but they were pretty darn gross!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Spent approx 10 hours detailing it for a show & shine competition yesterday, ended up coming 4th out of 52 cars... Pretty chuffed, but it's rained today so now have to drive it home 20miles along b-roads and it'll only get filthy again!

PH2 Flamer
Just had another go at restoring headlights! Turned out well!
Washed them down, used 1000 wet+dry them 1200 and finished with 1500. Washing each time and making sure the paper was always wet.. Them used mags scratchX 2.0 and them super polish resin. Cleaned them down and repeated the process (abit more thoroughly) of scratchX and polish. Took me about 2 hours all today :) really pleased!
View attachment 98189View attachment 98190View attachment 98191View attachment 98192
Have no before pictures but they were pretty darn gross!

It's a lot easier if you go down to like 2000, 2500 grade.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah good results. I ended up doing mine again, going down to 3000 grade. Made the polishing part so much quicker and easier.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Gave my headlights a polish up (I just used 2500 and some ScratchRx, could have done with starting from 1500 though), did the side strips black and gave the car a polish and wax.