ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you got your car for christmas?

Listerine & Poledo
A full tank of fuel.

I popped £40 V Power in Christmas eve, didnt seem to make much difference from regular Esso stuff :S

It takes about a tankful for the ECU to notice the difference.

Even then, we're talking very slight differences, it's not like you've poured liquid turbo into the tank.

It takes about a tankful for the ECU to notice the difference.

Even then, we're talking very slight differences, it's not like you've poured liquid turbo into the tank.

hmmm, not much point then considering the cost difference at the moment £1.27 for normal vs £1.39 for V Power!

Listerine & Poledo
hmmm, not much point then considering the cost difference at the moment £1.27 for normal vs £1.39 for V Power!

meh.

if you get 10% more MPG's than using Tesco blue-stripe fuel, (so, 33, instead of 30) it's pretty much paid for itself. That would mean giving it a fair back-to-back comparison too. Not granny shifting on 95 then giving it the full Paul Walker with V-Power.

Remember that 172s are tuned to run on 98+ RONs, even says it on the filler flap. You should really be using it where you can. Especially if you like to head-butt the limiter on a regular basis.

Nothing less than Esso standard goes in it tbh! couple of years back a few of the big supermarkets round here were found to be watering it down so wont touch them now.
Usually get between 35-38 using the above depending on how i drive. Currently getting around 36-38 mixed driving since Christmas eve with V Power.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I always run 98 ron or above, I used to use supermarket 95 on my first 172 and half the time it didn't run at all, just kangaroo'd everywhere and lost power. so that prompted my move to the higher rons

not specifically v power I hunt for, just happened I was going past a shell at the time

Listerine & Poledo
See, my Mazda doesn't care what I shove in the tank. Joys of an ancient design.

Oh, and 33 + 10% = 36

1.27 + 10% = 1.39.7

It makes sense

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
See, my Mazda doesn't care what I shove in the tank. Joys of an ancient design.

Oh, and 33 + 10% = 36

1.27 + 10% = 1.39.7

It makes sense

agreed, the 20 year old mk1's I have run on anything, boiled up dead otters, the lot

Cambelt & auxiliary belt change, full service, air con re gas.
New discs & pads all round + braided hoses.

I can't wait to get it back!

BMW E91 Tourer
Photo 96.jpg

g220 and some pads second hand of course, gave it about 10 hours of my time....

FRS
d60e32ab41d1d3ce7ea0daa1748f65d3_zpsedf0342a.jpg

Plus primer paint & clear coat on the black phase 1,
rstuner , ap coilovers , inner tie rods for trophy, road tax for both cars on 31st!

Valeo Clutch
Speedo Drive Gearbox
Miller Fully Synth Gear oil
CV Boot Clip because it started ditching gear oil
Another litre of Millers Fully synth...
Sump Plug Washer
Hose Clamps
Coolant
Power Steering Fluid
Hours of pain

Not by choice ..