ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Re: What have you ordered?

Werkstat shine!

DSC_0857.jpg

What a lovely colour.

172 cup

Just ordered

Black fire tyre gel
3m glass cleaner
G101
Werkstat satin
Race glaze alacantra
Race glaze cleaning brush
P1 polish
Couple of lake country hand applicators
Megs interior brush
iron x
Tardis
Work mf,s
Bottle
Spray head

In readiness for my first crack at detailing I've recently bought:

IPA
Chemical guys Hex-Logic pads (various)
Meguiar's lambswool mitt
Valetpro Citrus tar remover
Valetpro Protectant
Valetpro Bilberry wheel cleaner
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
Bilt Hamber soft claybar
Poorboy's EX-P
Poorboy's Natty's Blue wax
Poorboy's SSR 1 and 2.5
Collinite 476

and some other random stuff (microfibre cloths, drying towels etc.) all funded by selling various stuff on eBay that I've had lying around for ages, so the bank balance is intact so far

What's the deal with the Poorboy's products - why do they smell like food?? The SSR 2.5 and Natty blue smell like bubblegum, been sticking my nose them every 1/2 hour for a sniff

Jesus wept, the EX-P smells like Malibu (coconut), it's all I can do not to take a swig from it..

Bumder With A Buffer

Seriously I have stuff in my shed that serves no purpose other then for me to open the top and smell it! EX-P being one of them!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ah got to love BM paint! I find wheel cleaners like that. although good, dull the wheels anyway, if you're looking for a new one try brite gel from autobrite.

Mines were refurbed in feb but the shine that came from them after using Britegel was really good.

Gone are the days where i dick around on products. I've got a set of products which is purposeful and tbh, as good as anything else out there!

Usually for wheels i don't use anything. APC at most. Will eventually get round to detailing the Z and the Clit-o!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Gone are the days where i dick around on products. I've got a set of products which is purposeful and tbh, as good as anything else out there!

Usually for wheels i don't use anything. APC at most. Will eventually get round to detailing the Z and the Clit-o!
I see what you're saying, you've also been detailing a lot longer than me!

But you wouldn't use wheel brightener on new wheels surely.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I see what you're saying, you've also been detailing a lot longer than me!

But you wouldn't use wheel brightener on new wheels surely.

No!! I wouldn't need to, fact of the matter is, i live in a flat which makes cleaning cars difficult. I love 4 floors up which makes it even more of a pain, it's fecking cold in Aberdeen and generally i lose the passion through the winter. Because the car isn't well looked after over the winter the salt etc has fecked the wheels. Wheel brightener is the only stuff that makes a difference. And tbh, they come up new, no more or no less shiny than when they were new. If the wheels are painted and painted badly, then yes, i think WB would have a detrimental effect with prolonged use.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

2 completely different products! WB is for far more soiled wheels!

WB is awesome stuff. I've tried various wheel cleaners and think its the best I've used. I dilute it, and by it in bulk so costs next to nothing.

As for the winter thing, I think everyone loses interest when the weather is bad. I can feel the bug biting again, so much so I'm considering buying Best Of Show! I'll probably resist for a couple of months as its a lot of cash to spend on one product..

GTD, Lupo

This morning i ordered:

Gtechniq C2 and about 13 of their microfibre cloths.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I gave the old boy a huge amount of products. Probably over £500's worth because i bought them on good advice on DW (Full of bawbags btw) I now use the same products on everycar, only variable being the glaze and compounds/pads. The washing technique, sponge(s), snow foam, temps, wheel cleaner, wax(es) etc etc are all the same. It's a mugs game this detailing, hence why it doesn't really interest me much now!

I dread to think what the profit margin is at DW....Minimal i would imagine and thats not taking anything away from Clark and Rich because imo they are at the forefront of the detailing market.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Lols you sound like a grumpy old man FS!

It's a hobbie.

I don't see it as a hobby. I like having a clean car but a) I get bored doing it pretty quickly. My attention span isn't long enough to be spending hours and hours doing it b) By doing it you notice every single inperfection, dink, scratch etc etc. It's f**king annoying.

It's more life admin than a hobby for me. Like hunting for car insurance or doing your laundry. These things have to be done, so just get on and do it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Ah Revels that's where we differ, that's where Ali has ended up. I enjoy detailing cars of my choice and my own.

I take a lot of satisfaction from it, i've even offered to do it for free for some people, although they paid me it was more about practising and trying out new products instead of using my own car all the time.

When I say I choose, i'm saying I won't detail old buckets, or lived in Citroen C3's that some kid has been sick in the back off. I don't need the extra money it's more a hobby that i've become good at.

Isn't Photography similar? Lenses, cameras ect...?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Lols you sound like a grumpy old man FS!

It's a hobbie.

What can i say, i'm getting old! I love a clean car, i spend a good 5hrs on the Z4 on Sat. It looks cracking....from about 10ft, but i know if needs alot of work both in the paintbooth and under the buffer, so i'm not overly fussed just now.

To the average joe, it looks amazing. Good shine and heads were snapping all over the place. Job done as far as i'm concerned.

I actually enjoy cleaning cars! Don't see it as a chore at all

Thats becuase you offshore boys have so much time on your hands that you don't know what to do with it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ah Revels that's where we differ, that's where Ali has ended up. I enjoy detailing cars of my choice and my own.

I take a lot of satisfaction from it, i've even offered to do it for free for some people, although they paid me it was more about practising and trying out new products instead of using my own car all the time.

When I say I choose, i'm saying I won't detail old buckets, or lived in Citroen C3's that some kid has been sick in the back off. I don't need the extra money it's more a hobby that i've become good at.

Isn't Photography similar? Lenses, cameras ect...?

I used to be like that! But the weekends are short enough without doing other peoples car! I will easily help out or lend my gear to folk, i'd even show them the ropes. Favour for a favour! Me and Alan used to polish each others cars. I'll help Tina when he needs it and visa versa. I just refuse to take money from people now! I'm not a professional afterall. It 'is' a hobby believe it or not, just an infrequent one!

:(

I can see myself following suit Ali.

And what Dan has stated about imperfections showing up when you clean it is so true. Sad times.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I used to be like that! But the weekends are short enough without doing other peoples car! I will easily help out or lend my gear to folk, i'd even show them the ropes. Favour for a favour! Me and Alan used to polish each others cars. I'll help Tina when he needs it and visa versa. I just refuse to take money from people now! I'm not a professional afterall. It 'is' a hobby believe it or not, just an infrequent one!
Totally agree mate, the last big one I did last year, a MK1 FRS, I just fired it in the garage after all the wetwork and spent 2 hours on the wet work/claying then polished and finished the day after.

I also have a massive bodyshop to do my own car in if need be so I suppose i'm fortunate as where i've moved to would allow me to whip the pressure washer out at the weekend so it would mean popping down to the rents. I try not to do it at the weekends. If I do, it's once in a blue moon.
:(

I can see myself following suit Ali.

And what Dan has stated about imperfections showing up when you clean it is so true. Sad times.
I don't even mind imperfections. My car is 11 year old and needs a respray probably, doesn't stop me spending a day and a half detailing her.

If I owned a black car again, blackhole would be a weekly occurance. People see pro write ups and forget they are working on different cars everyday and they do it as a job.

I just try to get my work and write ups to a decent standard, doing the write up after it is one of my favourite parts aswell.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

When i get my teeth into the latest bits for the vee i'll go mental again. A usual 20-30hr job! But until then it's a single bucket wash for me!

FF 182

Just gave me car a 3 hour clean thought i would spend some time on it, i always use megqiuars or autoglym products on the car.

As the car is silver I had many tar spots on the car that were visable, all down the sills, doors and rear bumper so decided to get the AG Intensive Tar Remover. Must say very impressed, the car is now tarless with not a spot on it. Well recommended imo

just orderd a snow foam lance and a clay kit. Still got all my poorboys stuff ready for first big spring detail.

Bumder With A Buffer

I dont know about "ordered" but im in the process of buying a house/bungalow complete with garage and inspection pit and massive driveway for the best part of 170-180K.

If it wasnt for wanting space to work on the car and actually have somewhere to park then I could save myself 40K odd and stay where I am.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Lols! It's surpising what lengths you'll go to to get a decent space for car cleaning! :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I've got to do a 72' Elan Sprint in the coming wks! It's freshly painted tho!

Clearkote Red Moose Glaze - Can you still get this stuff?

Also Hood/vinyl cleaner...Any properly good stuff...(I'm not paying for this lot) Also wood conditioner?!

(I've not even had a look hence the question, i'm sure Swissvax will provide the answers.

Bumder With A Buffer

I havent seen the Red Moose Glaze in stock for a while over on Clean Your Car

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Cracking stuff! Mines gone a funny colour and has completely separated...Even when shook!

If you struggle can pass some up AR. But got it from eBay recently (few weeks back).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I've got to do a 72' Elan Sprint in the coming wks! It's freshly painted tho!

Clearkote Red Moose Glaze - Can you still get this stuff?

Also Hood/vinyl cleaner...Any properly good stuff...(I'm not paying for this lot) Also wood conditioner?!

(I've not even had a look hence the question, i'm sure Swissvax will provide the answers.

Polished bliss do the convertable cleaner Ali and raceglaze do a wood wax, very good stuff by all accounts and only around £20.

Slow red one

I've just ordered a clay bar with lube for it and a new wash mitt from i4detailing. And it's getting a proper detail in May:)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Little bump for my new bits and bobs...

ep800.jpg

705_1.jpg

zaino_Z2b.jpg

Couple of these nice boys...

blackfire-ultimate-applicator-pad-md.jpg

Ans few more towels, backing plates, spot pads! Long list!