ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What headunits work with steering column controls?

Renault Clio 1.4 S
Hi,

I've been putting up with a trashy JVC head unit that came with my Clio when I bought it second hand.

I wish I had whipped the headunit out sooner as I have also seen that the cables I presume to have been the ones connecting the headunit to the steering column controls have been snipped! The idiot who fitted it has butchered the plug rather than get the correct adapter - Dammit! :mad:

Anyway, rather than simply opt for the OEM headunit from Renault can somebody out there tell me what headunits work with the steering column controls or will any headunit work?

Also, any guesses as to how I go about reconnecting the snipped wires or where I would get a plug from?

Thanks,

Craig

White Sti Hatch
You can make 9/10 work with the controls but you need to buy a bit of kit to do it and its around £40 for that then £20 for the other part for the make of your Headunit

Renault Clio 1.4 S
What is this bit of kit that you talking about? What's it called and where do I get it?

Thanks in advance,

Craig