ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What HP from Cams

Clio 172 Cup
it's expensive bhp. £700 for a set arent they. Then the RR map is going to be £280 ish

1 x set of Cat Cams
1 x Remap
1 x Cam belt
1 x Aux belt

£ 1100 fully fitted.

ive got the metal bar and the grinder im gonna make em up tonight
http://www.powertools-china.com/images/BenchGrinder_7270.jpg

Carbon_Steel_Bar.jpg

Meg 230 f1
you prob wont get no where near 200 bhp i would take my car to a rr first find out how much you got now then get that done and after do another rr to see

M

mini-valver

The standard 1600 cams are realy mild. The only ones Cat sell to run on the ph2 (Fly by wire) are the 702's and 703's. The 703's being bigger.

I'm running 704's as I'm on standalone management, cant go any wilder without solid lifters....

www.catcams.be

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
so whats better for a 1600 with out changing anything else within. never understood the difference between them lol

53 Clio's & counting
prob around the 200 bhp mark maybe a lil more,more important is better power delivery and torque,dont forget to get the inlets matched

M

mini-valver

I think the 428's are the wildest you can go on stock management on the F4R but I cant check as the farking website doesnt show it!

Clio 172 Cup
you prob wont get no where near 200 bhp i would take my car to a rr first find out how much you got now then get that done and after do another rr to see

i plan on getting it rr'd and will post the results i hope for just shy of 200hp but anything in the 190-200 bracket i will be happy with in fifth at 5k its still pulling away like a good en

Clio 172 Cup
prob around the 200 bhp mark maybe a lil more,more important is better power delivery and torque,dont forget to get the inlets matched

thanks for the advice as everyone has said this but as the plan is to either run boddies or carbs i decided against spending the money on the inlets.

APR LCR225
When iv looked at some packages from various tuning companies, they list group n ecu remap as part of the cam package.....surely you would need a custom map after fitting cams??:S or would the generic map run mild cams ok?

Clio 172 Cup
When iv looked at some packages from various tuning companies, they list group n ecu remap as part of the cam package.....surely you would need a custom map after fitting cams??:S or would the generic map run mild cams ok?

you can run cams on standard ecu programme but you wont get the correct mixture or the increase in performance after fitting any cams its necessary to have a relivant remap.

i plan on getting it rr'd and will post the results i hope for just shy of 200hp but anything in the 190-200 bracket i will be happy with in fifth at 5k its still pulling away like a good en

You wont be close to 200 with just cams.

APR LCR225
Yes, this understood, i was once told that the ktec 'group n remap' comprised of a raised rev limit and the widening of the ecus self learning parameters....so it would have a wider self learning ability than standard as you add further modifications. Was just wondering if they rely on the group n ecu to stretch to run cams as part of the package, or they perform another remap to cater for the cams...

I know which would be better, obviously, as i have a custom live map myself. But i just wondered if thats what they offered as part of the basic package and wether youd have to pay more still for a rr setup.

Clio 172 Cup
Yes, this understood, i was once told that the ktec 'group n remap' comprised of a raised rev limit and the widening of the ecus self learning parameters....so it would have a wider self learning ability than standard as you add further modifications. Was just wondering if they rely on the group n ecu to stretch to run cams as part of the package, or they perform another remap to cater for the cams...

I know which would be better, obviously, as i have a custom live map myself. But i just wondered if thats what they offered as part of the basic package and wether youd have to pay more still for a rr setup.

its normally a different map again for cams as there are different types of cams aswell the group n camms work much better through the rev range where as the 428's tend to be better after about 5k and you can only benifit from this with a relivant remap.

if you have further questions you are best speaking to Ben R