ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What HT leads and spark plugs??

1.6 focus zetec....
The HT leads on my car have been shorting and causing the car to splutter so have to change them... whilst doing this i thought i'd change the plugs aswell as its near to service time so can anyone reconmend any HT leads and sparks plugs and whats the differnce??

Thanks

1.6 focus zetec....
Good on yah mukka... What wil these uprated HT leads do for my car??

I read they add BHP but im against believing that...

lift number 1 @ btm
i honestly don't think you will notice any difference to the way the car drives with the magnecor leads, however they are i believe MUCH more resistant to heat than the renault ones and so will last longer without going brittle. the only thing to watch for is that aparently the 172 leads are different to the 182 ones, don't know how though.

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
The Denso plugs have build quality issues so, I'd personally go for the NGK iridium plugs. They're also cheaper than the Denso items. Try here: www.sparkplugs.co.uk.

As for leads, you won't see a performance gain from any of them so, don't believe the hype. You may ge a slightly fatter spark from the well made ones, with lower resistance than the stock items and of course, the better made aftermarket ones will last longer but, that's about it.
Imho, the Magnecor leads are over priced. Try here for the same material quality and arguably, same construction, but at much better prices. www.performanceleads.co.uk. I use these myself and, the work very well, with lower resistance than my stock leads, and they're also very nice quality !

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
I have Splitfire performance spark leads, do a read up about them! they are very good.

Got them for sale if you are interested.

Stock leads and plugs are the best realy most of the uprated stuff usless no better than stock performace wise.