ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a dephaser pulley and where can i find it on the engine?

Lionel Richie
inlet camshaft, cambelt end, part of the VVT system, advances the inlet cam by 16degrees

engine oil fed

330i. E30 Touring.
It's at the end of the inlet cam, under the top engine mount bracket.

Fills with oil, and if it's fucked it'll rattle when the engine's warm .

You need to change the cambelt if you change it and the part is about £170 +VAT from memory.

I paid just under £160 inc VAT from Renault for one last week, no doubt they will keep going up mind.

RS 182
I just need to bring this thread back alive again. Is their just 1 dephaser pulley? And is it also known as bottom pulley??? My 182 has like a diesely, swhooshy tick over sort of sound when warm. When i reve to about 2000rpm sound goes. Not majorly loud but can only here on tickover. Is this a cambelt/aux belt change to to do the dephaser?

53 Clio's & counting
There is only done dephaser and no its not known as bottom pulley as its on the top of the engine not the bottom mate.

That does sound like a dephaser but i would recommend getting a specialst to look at it to confirm and yes you need to do the cambelt