ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a Roadside Coil Spring

Titanium Clio 182
I think its part of the suspension but what is it, does anyone have any picutres of it?

I've just had my front drivers side replaced as it was snapped.

Thanks

Its the spring on the car.

If you take the wheel of the car you'll see it it is the black spring circled in red in the picture.

Attachments

• road spring.JPG
    road spring.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 73
Peperami said:
How does the spring itself snap on a 182?

Surely the cars too new for this??
Bad material batches usually. A wghich back (the cars themselves are about 3~4 years old now) a manurfacturer of spring for Mercedes/Renault etc had a problem with foreign objects getting into the molten metal and after a while a load of them snapped due to this impurtity in the coil material.

Titanium Clio 182
Well Its snapped again lol.

£60 +VAT to get it Fixed at North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts.

The clio 182 with cup pack doesn't have special springs does it?

LoL

16v's and Willy's are also b******s for snapping springs. I can only assume that the pounding they take through 'enthusiastic' ;) driving means they don't last long.

But, really, given the cost of the car and the fact that everyone else manages it, they really should last...

Titanium Clio 182
LoL

16v's and Willy's are also b******s for snapping springs. I can only assume that the pounding they take through 'enthusiastic' ;) driving means they don't last long.

But, really, given the cost of the car and the fact that everyone else manages it, they really should last...
£60 +VAT is noting really,

Titanium Clio 182
I wonder how different they are!!!

They have ordered one and it should be fitted any minute. Just waiting for a phone call. They will be slightly stiffer for the cup pack won't they?

I wonder how different they are!!!

They have ordered one and it should be fitted any minute. Just waiting for a phone call. They will be slightly stiffer for the cup pack won't they?

Yep not a huge amount stiffer but theyre different none the less.

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah, well on the receipt it says "Coil Spring Clio 182" so must be the right one. £70 it cost to get fitted.