ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the problem???

Clio 172 Ph1
I have 172 Ph1.
Previous owner put original Renault spark plugs (triple electrode) for old 2.0 16v engine (f7r) in my f4r.

I decided to put original NGK spark plugs for my engine (pfre-10), but now my car is not running good.
On low revs (till 2000-2500) it missfire, stalls. Higher revs seems ok.
I changed back to old sparkplugs and it runs fine.

What can be the problem? NGK are new, gap is 0.9, leads are new.

titanic killer
im sure i read something like this before when they changed plugs to ngk?They had same problem iirc

Clio 172 Ph1
I found it but it was for 1.2 16v engine, NGK isn't factory spark plug in that engine.
And everyone recommend NGK for 172, but i have problems with them and don't know why. Maybe one plug is damaged somehow (it isn't visible) so it works and gives spark but not good...is that possible??

titanic killer
I suppose it could be mate,but im not realy the one to be giving advise as i know diddly squat about this sort of stuff,lol

Clio 172 Ph1
It was the problem with coil. I changed it and now it works fine with NGK.

But with those 3 electrode plugs it even worked fine with old coil (which worked bad on cylinder no2 i no3)