ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this for and how should I fix it!

Clio 182 FF
Hi All

This was loose on my windscreen and is now completely off. I assume its the light and wiper sensor? What is the best method to refix this to the screen? Do I need to replace the gel bit between the screen and the sensor bit?

Thanks

17498111386_d30d4e9e82_z.jpg
IMG_8176 by rbaldry86, on Flickr

17522266352_dfd0894edb_z.jpg
IMG_8172 by rbaldry86, on Flickr

17336881100_38b2bf5093_z.jpg
IMG_8175 by rbaldry86, on Flickr

2003 Clio 172
Afaik.....that gel bit is something you cannot buy......think it comes with a new sensor.

However, i did a post a while ago about a product that i used to replace it and it has been perfect since.

i will have a trawl to find it

J

2003 Clio 172
Not the actual manufacturer stuff bud......but as per my post from 2013.....alternatives yes

2003 Clio 172
ODD.

Neither they nor National would sell me it when I tried.....and autoglass were replacing my screen at the time......they told me to buy a new sensor to get the gel pad.

It doesn't come with the windscreen. Its fitted to the sensor.

Got a link?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
trying to find it, hang on.

you used to be able to buy the gel on its own, as soon as I find it I will post

2003 Clio 172
Well.....that's very wrong bud. No offense.

A proper job has a silicone gel base applied to the sensor and a proper pad to fit between that and the screen. That stuff is no different to using ibuleve gel or similar. It also stops working.

The stuff I posted....is a factory spec repair or better. It is he ONLY replacement that I know of for the pad and mine is still perfect.

Auto glass. Meh.

If they went to put that on my new sensor screen combo....they would have a fat eye I tell you

Lol

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no word of a lie, the guy from autoglass got this stuff out, put a big blob on the sensor in stuck it on.

I asked what he was using and he was using that, he was a very helpful guy and said feel free to make a note of it. which I did, since he did mine over 2 years ago ive never had an issue with the sensor.

they fit screens and rain sensors everything, they must know a little about what they are doing

2003 Clio 172
Hey bud, I hear ya.....if you get a good fitter then you are lucky.

Me? Autoglass firstly argued wit me for 2 days insisting that the 172 ff didn't have a solar screen.....despite me showing a fitter.

Then.....they showed up.......with a megane windscreen. Lol!

Its deffo not the right thing bud but if your solution works for you then yay......cheap too. :)

My stuff was 30 but means I never have to apply anything again....even if the screen was replaced or whatnot
J