ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this??!!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
hey all, my girlfriend was driving her car today and she was going over bumps when she heard 'loose metal' she drove on and apparently this fell off her car??:S it looks like an end of a spring to me, had a look at the back but there ok. the front ones cant realli be seen. can anyone confirm what this is and if its gonna cost me a lot? p.s. its a mk2 ph2! any help would be great! thanks

hon

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6706&stc=1&d=1146234640

Attachments

• DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00713.JPG
    DSC00713.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00714.JPG
    DSC00714.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00715.JPG
    DSC00715.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 22
youve snapped a spring mate.
hard to tell by the pic if it's front or rear but definetly a spring.if you say the back look ok its probobly the front as if a bit of that diameter had come of the back the spring would be in half.
not to dear can't remember the price of standard springs but i've got a fe lying about pm me

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
ill have a look, but one end is obviously where the spring has snapped, the other is the end of the spring. erm im pretty sure its the front as the rear ones get smaller as it reaches the end of the coil. will go out n have a look now.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup deff broken spring.

We have had front and rear ones snap so could be either.
Get it changed asap.

1.6 16v clio priv
hon_n_gem said:
ill have a look, but one end is obviously where the spring has snapped, the other is the end of the spring. erm im pretty sure its the front as the rear ones get smaller as it reaches the end of the coil. will go out n have a look now.
Ill go with that the rear springs are a weird shape at the end. Pity thus wasnt last month you coulkd have had my old springs when i dropped the car.
A set of lowering springs should be about £40 - £50 I'd expect you could get some original ones for that too

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
well i had a look, cant tell which front ones they are, judging by where it was left in the road it is the passenger side. the only other thing is this bit of the spring is strangely clean. when i looked at the springs they are filthy? but im jus gonna go to the dealers to check. cheers for all your help! gives me an excuse to lower it :D.
Hon