ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this?

As above can anyone help me out, I have this block in the top right corner of my windscreen
yza2ysy3.jpg

And on my hazard light and in car central locking I have 2 wires, 1 going off each of them
e8a6u2a8.jpg

Can any one tell what there are for?

clio sold :(
My mate had one just like that in his 06 Astra. He has a manual its to do with the Alarm diffrent codes produces diffrent settings

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Meaning the car wasn't originally made for the UK so it was bought in (imported) like Motorpoint do.

So an aftermarket alarm has been fitted as some countries dont have them fitted as standard.

Meaning the car wasn't originally made for the UK so it was bought in (imported) like Motorpoint do.

So an aftermarket alarm has been fitted as some countries dont have them fitted as standard.
Iv got all the history and invoice from when it was first registered and bought in the uk

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
So then it'll of been taken to have an aftermarket alarm fitted (Shocking as it looks).

I'd either suggest trying to find a receipt of work, or taking it to somewhere that knows what they're doing and they can strip it all out and fit an new one.

Clio RS200
Use to be systems that required you to enter a code so the car could be started. Like a manual immobiliser.

Mec 350 slk manual
As above can anyone help me out, I have this block in the top right corner of my windscreen
yza2ysy3.jpg

And on my hazard light and in car central locking I have 2 wires, 1 going off each of them
e8a6u2a8.jpg

Can any one tell what there are for?
I would like to see what they used under that black tape to connect the wires ? If they used any

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Citroen used a keypad immobiliser on some models for a few years but dropped them after a lot of complaints. Plus the built in alarm systems became more widely available.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lose the attitude and you'll have the answer a lot quicker.

Why people join here and give it Billy big spuds when they're the ones who want some information, is completely beyond me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We sell cars to people with poor credit. Part of the deal is that a tracker/immobiliser is fitted to the car. Everytime they make a payment, they get a pin number to put into the car and that de-activates the immobiliser for the next calender month. If they fail to make a payment they don't get a pin number and the immobiliser cuts in.

That looks like one of those.

182cup & 172 racecar
We sell cars to people with poor credit. Part of the deal is that a tracker/immobiliser is fitted to the car. Everytime they make a payment, they get a pin number to put into the car and that de-activates the immobiliser for the next calender month. If they fail to make a payment they don't get a pin number and the immobiliser cuts in.

Good system, should be used on a wider scale.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Think someone got it right with the sigma. I've got a UK impreza turbo and they have these from standard in the glove box. It's like a pin pad over ride for the alarm/immobiliser. Sometimes the remote doesn't work (these specific sigma's get a lot of tetra interference) and you have to unlock the car manually and punch the code in to deactivate the alarm.

Same as mine I have a sigma alarm with the keypad in the top right , although mine doesn't work either , it's just working on the fob not the pad !
its a pain kn the arse don't know why it's been fitted they have a alarm standard ! Mines a UK car not a import I have the receipt for fitting ! Need to work it out though lol!

2007 clio dynamique

This sounds a pretty good idea

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Never heard of one of those, that's cool.

Also amazed at the poor attitude. Why do people sign up here expecting direct, clear answers 100% of the time. It's a forum, stop acting like a petulant child when someone is quite within their right to comment on the wiring.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
What is with the wiring comments anyway lol

from what I can see it's the stanard loom pulled out of the dash to show two spliced wires ffs? All the 'wiring' that's not oe there are the two wires, which might very well be soldered on under the tape and may or may not even be anything to do with the alarm.

do people realise what the loom looks like behind the dash?