ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What made you pick a Clio?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
When I bought my first one back in 2001 it was because the 172 had had amazing reviews and I could get a brand new one with 6miles on it for £10999 and I couldn’t go any faster for that price.
Since then I’ve had 2 x mk2 ph1
1 x mk2 172 cup
1 x mk2 Trophy

The Trophy is the best/nicest road Clio out of the mk2 Clio range.. that’s why people rave about them.

172, BMW 650i & X5
Cheap reliable track only car.
Kept it Renault long enough before getting bored with power.
Then a good chassis for nuts project.
All good.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Natural progression from 5GT, 9, 11, 21 Turbo up through the modern RS range with a 172, 197 and so on. Been a Renault nut since I passed my test in '96.

I've had my 220 6 months now and overall, I don't think there's a much better package for the money. If you're already considering one you've probably read about the downsides. Economy not being great. I'm averaging 32mpg, but I knew this before I brought it; they've gotta squeeze that extra power out somewhere. The ride is firm but definitely ok to live with. My Mrs has had the clio 4 1.5dci for about 18 months and I was impressed with the build quality and the boot space. The build quality of the 220 is ever better, feels absolutely solid, but the boot space is much smaller due to the false floor hiding the subwoofer, amp and little storage compartments. I love the LED headlights. Normal headlight range is very short but the DRL's are very cool and the high beam is like switching the sun back on.

6 months on I'd make exactly the same decision.

As for the fiesta, having never driven or been in one, I can't comment. However the ST is a car theifs wet dream in the area I live.

If you've any questions just ask [emoji4]
407be1039c105aa10ff49adfb0af6d5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

172 Turbo
Bought my Cup for less than £1500 a few years back as wanted a budget track/2nd car.

Upgraded to the 172 turbo in 2017, cost £3000, sold Cup for £1,400, fitted pile of acquired parts to turbo and now have a very good spec for around 5k.

Recently considered selling and going for something more grown up but got scared of potential big bills.

Wanted something to get back into low level motorsport and with something that would be competitve in production class without needing a massive budget. The cup is an obvious choice primarily as it needs to be pretty much exactly as it was offered in the showroom and under 2 litres. Plus the alternatives all seem to have forced induction and that means a 1.5 or 1.7 multiplier on engine size, e.g a 1.6 Mini Cooper S is considered a 2.4 due to the supercharger/turbo and that puts it into the anything goes class with the big engine/budget boys.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nearly bought a nova gt for my first car in 2002 ish but the clio had central locking, electric windows and 5 gears so bought that. 1994 1.4 RT in iceberg silver with a mighty, mighty 80bhp. That was it, been hooked ever since despite dabbling with other brands and models. Clios have always tickled my fancy so always owned at least one (currently 4)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Bought my Cup for less than £1500 a few years back as wanted a budget track/2nd car.

Upgraded to the 172 turbo in 2017, cost £3000, sold Cup for £1,400, fitted pile of acquired parts to turbo and now have a very good spec for around 5k.

Recently considered selling and going for something more grown up but got scared of potential big bills.

Haven't you tried selling yours for ages???

172 Turbo
Haven't you tried selling yours for ages???

Yup, end of last year and autumn this year.

However, as it's just been in for getting the fans fixed, so can clear the windscreen! Had an oil cooler, PMS shifter and Sabelt wheel fitting so I think it's now the perfect spec of a Clio.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
RenaultSport Clio’s are great, keep away from main stealers for services and look out for diy modders ?
D03948E2-CF51-4748-BEFE-BD061A4F37A0.jpeg

@Dr Jekyll

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Swapped my valver for one initally, had one in some form ever since, although it now just sits in the garage for most of its life.

Spent a small fortune building this, only for some c**t to pull across me whist running the engine in.

Decided I wanted some much cheaper track fun, so bought a 182

Attachments

• 24058737_10154810713382583_4864184467893952288_n.jpg
    24058737_10154810713382583_4864184467893952288_n.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 102